No announcement yet.

Rolling Stones draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.10 - Salt Of The Earth (Beggar's Banquet, 1968)

9.01 - You Got The Silver (Let It Bleed, 1969)

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

9.02 Mixed Emotions (Steel Wheels, 1989)

Comment

Apparently I'm the biggest Tattoo You fan in this joint First heard this song in Vanilla Sky and loved its mysterious vibe.

9.03 - "Heaven" (Tattoo You, 1981)

Last edited by overkill94; 03-16-2012, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Sorry ... was waiting to see Gregg's pick appear. Gimme a minute

The other "country" song from BB ... think I would have picked Factory Girl over Dear Doctor if pressed ... I like both ... some don't like either. Mick doesn't do faux-country as good as some other singers, but it's still a good tune.

9.04 Factory Girl, Beggars Banquet.

Comment

9.05- Good Times, Bad Times

Comment

I first heard this song when i bought the "Dynasty" album from KISS. I immediately loved it. Then i noticed that it was written by Jagger/Richards and this being 1979 the only way to hear the Stones version was to buy the album it was on. So i bought it and have loved it ever since. Although I do like the KISS version a wee bit more as I love Ace Frehley's voice and guitar work.

9.07 2000 Man (Satanic Majesties)

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

9.06 Sweet Black Angel (Exile on Main Street, 1972)
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

9.08....Ain't Too Proud to Beg (1974)

Comment

9.09 Slave (Tattoo You, 1981)

Original version:

Longer version that took its place on the 1994 remaster:

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

9.10 When The Whip Comes Down (Some Girls 1978) Mick's ode to Lou Reed...

10.1 Thru and Thru (Voodoo Lounge 1994) more off the perfect way it was used in the Sopranos Season 2 Finale

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

10.02 Connection (Between the Buttons, 1967)

I first came across this thru Arlo Guthrie's excellent 1976 version (my parents owned his Amigo album).

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

10.03.....I'm Free (1965)

the Soup Dragons have nuttin' on the Stones.....

Comment

10.04 Dance Little Sister Dance (It's Only Rock and Roll)

Love the guitar solo.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

10.05 - Rip This Joint (Exile On Main Street, 1972)

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

10.06 - Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing in the Shadows

Comment

Working...
                                X