Rolling Stones draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Mith:

5.07 Get Off of My Cloud (December's Children (And Everyone's), 1965)

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Damn, so close to getting Let it Bleed.....

5.08.....Memory Motel (1976)

Comment

I said there would be post-Tattoo You stuff on my roster.

5.09 Undercover of the Night (Undercover, 1983)

Comment

5.10 Little T&A
          6.01 Play with Fire
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Lots of things I'm interested in here, but this one is least likely to make it back.

6.02 Live with Me (Let It Bleed, 1969)

Comment

6.03.....Let's Spend the Night Together (1967)

Comment

6.04 Jigsaw Puzzle (Beggar's Banquet)

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

6.04 Torn and Frayed (Exile On Main Street, 1972)

Had to get at least one of my faves from Exile which is my favorite Stones album.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

6.05 - Not Fade Away

Comment

Not a Jagger/Richards penned track, but a quintessential early Stones track ...

6.06 Time Is On My Side

Comment

One of my favorites, love the way the keyboards keep things funky:

6.08 - "100 Years Ago" (Goats Head Soup, 1973)

Comment

6.09 Little Red Rooster (single, 1964, also appeared on a U.S. LP)

Comment

6.10 - Ventilator Blues (Exile On Main Street, 1972)

7.01 - All Down The Line (Exile On Main Street, 1972)

Guess what my favorite Stones album is?

I'll post an early live version that highlights the guitar interplay between Keith Richards and Mick Taylor. I love the Mick Taylor years, and this song is one of his finest moments, though I'm not sure that comes across in the studio version.

Oh, yeah, and the horn arrangement kicks ass, too!

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

7.02 Love is Strong (Voodoo Lounge, 1994)

Not that many Stones videos I like, but I remember this one well from when it first went into rotation. (I'm still unnerved, though, by the vid for "It's Only Rock and Roll".
                              Last edited by ; 03-14-2012, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Without the aid of my trusty mp3 folder, I'll go with a nice goofy little tune:

7.03 - "Far Away Eyes" (Some Girls, 1978)

Comment

Working...
                                X