X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

communicate this way

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post

2 - power button (I'm pretty sure this is specific to HTC phones, & maybe just to the Desire); this may seem trivial but it's a real nuisance; I can't tell when my phone is off vs. sleeping (the screen is off); the only way to check is to press the power button. so in the evening I'll want to turn the phone off, so I first press the power button to bring the screen on ... except that sometimes I've already turned the phone off so pressing the power button starts the power-up sequence ... so I have to wait for the phone to fully power up before I can turn it off. it's a pain.
      I don't have this problem so much, because I can't stop my phone from running out of charge. I'm pretty horrible at keep her juiced up. If I haven't looked at my phone in a while, and the screen is off ... I just assume it's out of batteries ... and since everyone knows that my phone is regularly out of batteries, it is a great way to avoid people

EDIT: out of batteries ... grammatically inaccurate. How can a rechargeable battery be out of batteries? Does anyone else say "out of batteries"?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        EDIT: out of batteries ... grammatically inaccurate. How can a rechargeable battery be out of batteries? Does anyone else say "out of batteries"?
        nope ... "out of batteries" would be a ridiculous thing to say.

note that this comes from a guy whose hometown hockey team are the Toronto Maple Leafs.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          note that this comes from a guy whose hometown hockey team are the Toronto Maple Leafs.
          I'm sure there is an app having them win the cup this century.

Comment

I got the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket. I'm VERY pleased with Swype. I'm typing almost as fast with it out of the box as I can on a regular keyboard.

Thanks to all who offered advice.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
              I'm sure there is an app having them win the cup this century.
              Now THAT'S ridiculous.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                I got the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket. I'm VERY pleased with Swype. I'm typing almost as fast with it out of the box as I can on a regular keyboard.

Awesome. I was just afraid the screen was too big for you since you said you did not want one too big. Glad you like it and welcome to 2012. Anyways how much did the store charge you for it?
                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

Only the store when they sell their last battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    I have to ask...is life better with the capability to access all of this stuff all of the time? Yes
                    Some of the things are really handy like the GPS...but do we really need to check our email 25 times a day? I never check my email. My phone tells me when I have email.
                    See the scores every 15 minutes?? Just cuz it updates every 15 minutes doesn't mean you have to watch it. But it is nice to know the score is updated when I want to check it.
                    Tweet and Facebook all day long? Twitter/FB is just like the score update. I check it periodically but it is great for breaking news. I appreciate guys like Jason who are constantly updating so I can get info when I need it.
                    Do these things make life more hectic and more stressful, especially when said technology doesn't work quite like we want it to? On occasion, sure...
                    I see the amazing things these phones can do, but is staying THIS connected better than the way it used to be 20-30-40 years ago? For me, yes.

Is is more enjoyable to see the scores instantaneously or wait until the next day and crack open the paper to see the boxscores? Way more enjoyable to get the scores instantaneously. ESPN was a godsend with the ticker at the bottom and no more waiting for the next day's newspaper... just like my phone is now the godsend to get the info I need instead of waiting for ESPN to scroll thru... lol
                    Just wondering
                    I am way more worried/pissed off if I forget my phone than if I forget my wallet. And I notice the phone missing quicker than I do my wallet lol
                    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Sweet... Now jealous because I have to wait another 6 weeks for the upgrade to kick in...dammit :mad:
                      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                        Awesome. I was just afraid the screen was too big for you since you said you did not want one too big. Glad you like it and welcome to 2012. Anyways how much did the store charge you for it?
                        $199.

I found it's like Johnny said, that it's more the thickness than the overall size that matters. It fits nicely in my pocket. (That's what she said.)
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

$199.

I found it's like Johnny said, that it's more the thickness than the overall size that matters. It fits nicely in my pocket. (That's what she said.)
                          I did find it amazing how light that phone is. Just felt like holding nothing to me.
                          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

$199.
                            That's with a 2-year contract I assume? I would like to get a smart phone at some point as well but I am probably even more clueless than you were, so good to hear everyone's feedback.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              That's with a 2-year contract I assume? I would like to get a smart phone at some point as well but I am probably even more clueless than you were, so good to hear everyone's feedback.
                              Yeah, that's the typical price with a 2 yr contract... usually $549.00 or $599.00 without a contract...

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                Yes. And a data plan is required--either 300 MB/month for $20 or 3 GB/month for $30 (and I think they have one higher than that).

Comment

Working...
                                X