• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Breitbart - dead at 43

1st 2 reactions I had:

1 -- "he was only 43???? (looked like hell)"
    2 -- "Is this a hoax? (his reputation)"

Exactly.
    Saw this the moment it came up on Twitter - but didn't retweet it because.... we'll see if it takes.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I was not familiar with this person.

Comment

He also broke the Anthony Weiner scandal, to give him credit on the day of his demise for one that panned out.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          He also broke the Anthony Weiner scandal, to give him credit on the day of his demise for one that panned out.
          That is very charitable of you. However, wasn't it Breitbart that called Ted Kennedy "a steaming pile of sh!t" on the day he died?

I'm no believer that as soon as someone dies, they deserve more respect than when they were living. To me, Michael Jackson is still an immensely talented depraved perv, and Whitney Houston is an immensely talented pathetic junkie. I don't know a whole lot about Breitbart, but what I do leads me to believe he probably had this coming and is already likely sweating it out in purgatory as we develop this thread.

Comment

I have to admit that I hope an ACORN lands upon his burial plot and an oak grows from it. I feel sorry for his kids and the tragedy that they are enduring. I also feel happy that Breitbart has perpetrated his last scam.
            "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
              That is very charitable of you. However, wasn't it Breitbart that called Ted Kennedy "a steaming pile of sh!t" on the day he died?

I'm no believer that as soon as someone dies, they deserve more respect than when they were living. To me, Michael Jackson is still an immensely talented depraved perv, and Whitney Houston is an immensely talented pathetic junkie. I don't know a whole lot about Breitbart, but what I do leads me to believe he probably had this coming and is already likely sweating it out in purgatory as we develop this thread.
              Interesting POV Cam. Can't say I really disagree.

Comment

That's Rolling Stone journalist Matt Taibbi celebrating Breitbart's death, and his wikipedia page being defaced in response.

And now Bhob can mock me for being appalled by all of it.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                X