Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can You Name Every Band/ Musical Artist You've Seen Perform Live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barenaked Ladies X5
    Billy Idol
    Bob Dylan
    Chiliwack
    Collective Soul
    Backstreet Boys (I took a female friend)
    Dashboard Confessional
    Guns N' Roses X2 (06 and 09 tho)
    Junkhouse
    Liz Phair
    Matthew Good Band
    Moist
    Neil Young
    Pearl Jam X2
    Primus
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Sam Roberts
    Sebastian Bach X2
    Slash ft. Miles Kennedy and the Conspirators X2
    Soundgarden
    Stone Temple Pilots X2
    Tea Party
    Third Eye Blind
    Tom Cochrane
    Tragically Hip X2
    Weezer
    Last edited by virgonomic; 11-20-2014, 07:35 AM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I've been to the Pittsburgh Irish Festival the last 12 years, so i have seen plenty of Folk/Irish/Celtic/World musical acts.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I remember the ones I paid for, as there weren't many. I worked as a security (Stage Left floor) for 10-12 years at the Civic Center and saw tons of shows & events.

Pink Floyd at the Montreal Forum, when the Floyd (sans Roger Waters) played their first concert since the split. The concert was written about in the following issue of Rolling Stone and the first line of the article was "They simply refused to leave..."
        It was awesome because they put up they put up the house light like 4 times and they came out for multiple encores before putting up the house lights for the final time and saying the will not be coming out again lol

The other show I paid for was seeing Dire Straits at the Orpheum in Boston during the Money for Nothing tour...

Those are pretty much the only shows I ever paid to attend and they were awesome shows!
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Wow, no jazz fans here?!

I've seen a ton of jazz musicians, but I'm not about to try to list them all here.

I'll mention one memorable concert that I saw years ago. It was a 'Summer in Park' concert at Carter Barron in D.C. There were 3 bands. The first was some local group that I dont remember. The second was Astrud Gilberto (you know - the Girl from Ipanema). I had seen her a couple years earlier at a night club and she gave a very lackluster performance. It was like she didnt want to be there and I was disappointed. But this concert she was very lively and bouncy and did a bunch of short songs and she seemed like she wanted to sing all night and didnt want to leave. I thought this was unusual because I thought someone like her would feel at home in a club setting and maybe not like the outdoor concert setting so much but it was the exact opposite.

The featured band was Milt Jackson's quartet (vibraphone). During the set, it started to rain and most people either took cover at the back of the amphitheatre or left. But we saw some people climb up on the stage and stand at the back the stage, which was covered, behind the band. So we went up there, too. The musicians acted so surprised and overjoyed that the audience came up onto the stage to hear them that they turned completely around and faced the back of the stage and finished the concert! We were about as close to the musicians as you could get. The concert was great and it was one of the greatest music experiences I've ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            You should list them anyway, though I left off a ton of bands as well.

I saw Weezer too, forgot about that.
            Some of them:

Screeching Weasel
            The Riverdales
            The Mr. T Experience (25x or so)
            The Queers (4-5x)
            Atom & His Package (4-5x)
            The Eyeliners
            The Teen Idols (3-4x)
            The Impossibles (2x)
            The Groovie Ghoulies (6-8x)
            The Muffs
            The Lillingtons
            Teenage Bottlerocket
            Squirtgun
            Chinese Telephones

Lots more but can't think of them right now.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
              Some of them:

Screeching Weasel
              The Riverdales
              The Mr. T Experience (25x or so)
              The Queers (4-5x)
              Atom & His Package (4-5x)
              The Eyeliners
              The Teen Idols (3-4x)
              The Impossibles (2x)
              The Groovie Ghoulies (6-8x)
              The Muffs
              The Lillingtons
              Teenage Bottlerocket
              Squirtgun
              Chinese Telephones

Lots more but can't think of them right now.
              Nice. I saw MTX a bunch of times, also saw The Riverdales and Queers. Also saw The Obsoletes in Milwaukee.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

My memory isn't what it used to be, but I'll give it a shot:

Metal shows
                Overkill
                Slayer
                Testament
                Anthrax
                In Flames
                Nevermore
                Shadows Fall x2
                Pantera
                Morbid Angel
                Cannibal Corpse
                Iron Maiden
                Black Sabbath (w/Dio)
                Megadeth
                Opeth x2
                GWAR x2
                Kreator
                Destruction
                Sodom

Thrash of the Titans - benefit concert for Chuck Billy (lead singer of Testament) featuring Anthrax, Testament, Forbidden, SOD, Exodus, Vio-Lence, Heathen, Death Angel, Laaz Rockit, and Sadus

Indie Rock shows
                My Morning Jacket x2
                The Walkmen x3
                Fleet Foxes
                Vampire Weekend
                TV on the Radio
                Mason Jennings x2
                Iron and Wine
                Flaming Lips
                Band of Horses
                M Ward
                Henry Clay People
                Ezra Furman and the Harpoons
                Dead Weather
                Portugal. The Man
                Andrew Bird
                Avi Buffalo
                Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
                Deer Tick
                Delta Spirit
                Harlem
                Matt Costa
                Evangelicals
                Smith Westerns
                Menomena
                Local Natives
                Beach House

KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas 2010 - Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes, Broken Bells, Florence and the Machine, Black Keys, Temper Trap, Neon Trees

Coachella 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011, soon to be 2012 - too many to name, but some of the highlights were Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon, Strokes, Daft Punk, Titus Andronicus, Sleigh Bells, Vampire Weekend, Roger Watters

And somewhat ironically, my only mainstreamish concert was my first one - Blue Oyster Cult.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  Also saw The Obsoletes in Milwaukee.
                  I'm not sure if I knew that. I forgot to list them -- saw them twice.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                    I'm not sure if I knew that. I forgot to list them -- saw them twice.
                    Not sure, I probably would have told you but it was definitely a while back.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Beach Boys (with my parents 1st real concert)
                      Dave Matthews Band 10+ times
                      Ben Folds Five 3
                      Ben Folds 2
                      Bob Dylan 1
                      The Clarks 3
                      Counting Crows 1
                      Drive By Truckers 1
                      The Hold Steady 6
                      John Mellencamp 1
                      Josh Ritter 4
                      O.A.R. 5
                      The Raconteurs 1
                      Sam Roberts 1
                      Spoon 2
                      U2 1
                      The Walkmen 1

Comment

Oh crap, I forgot to put The Walkmen on my list. At a UPenn frathouse, no less.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Just saw James last night, one of my favorite bands from the 90s and it was an awesome show. Nearly the entire set was from their peak albums, Seven, Laid and Whiplash with handful of newer tunes sprinkled in. He sang 'Say Something' while walking amongst the crowd.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Just saw James last night, one of my favorite bands from the 90s and it was an awesome show. Nearly the entire set was from their peak albums, Seven, Laid and Whiplash with handful of newer tunes sprinkled in. He sang 'Say Something' while walking amongst the crowd.
                            I have to admit an irrational dislike of bands with an abundance of curly hair.

Thankfully he doesn't have this problem anymore

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              I have to admit an irrational dislike of bands with an abundance of curly hair.

Thankfully he doesn't have this problem anymore
                              Yea, he looks like a cancer survivor now, probably weighs 120.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

finally pulled my old set of concert tickets out, and tried to reconstruct others. there are many from when i was in LA that i don't remember - one of my good friends at caltech was playing in a band and knew lots of the folks in LA/hollywood (google Primordial Undermind and you'll find him - he's still playing music over in europe). he and i (and our friends) were going down to hollywood every couple of weeks to shows (for instance, i saw a show by green jelly and went to a party at their pad afterward, but have no idea when or where it was - but we did eat at Oki Dog afterward, and i was tripping hard as hell on acid for the whole event...).

but here is what i can remember and reconstruct. i'm putting it in as /code, to keep formatting...

Code:
                                ones i can't remember exactly the dates and venues:
                                   Burning Spear - LA (can't remember where this was)
                                   Black Flag - SLC (i think this was at the indian center)
                                   Megadeath - SLC (at the fairgrounds, i think)
                                   B-52's - LA (seems like it was at the john anson ford theater)
                                   GWAR - ABQ (sunshine theater i think)
                                   The Leaving Trains - ABQ (sunshine theater?)
                                   Creamer - LA (many places - including Coconut Teasers)
                                   Meat Puppets - LA (i think this was the Troubador, but can't remember)
                                   Clawhammer - LA (can't remember which this was)
                                   Tommyknockers - LA (several, including Al Joe's)

ones i have tickets from, and could find records of (there are
                                a couple of concerts i went to before Rush in 1981, but i can't
                                for the life of me remember who they were!).  where there is
                                a "?" i'm sure there was another band, but couldn't remember or find
                                a record of who they were.

Cake                    Albuquerque Edgefest            Summer 1995
                                   Moonpools & Caterpillars, many others

Sonic Youth             Castaic Lake                    Sep 26, 1992
                                   Mudhoney, Pavement, Kurt Cobain

Ned's Atomic Dustbin    LA Palladium                    Feb 19, 1993
                                   Supreme Love Gods, Flowerhead

Ride                    Club Lingerie                   Apr 13, 1991
                                   ?

They Might Be Giants    Wiltern                         Mar 31, 1990

R.E.M.                  Salt Palace                     Oct 7, 1989
                                   NRBQ

The Cure                Dodger Stadium                  Sep 8, 1989
                                   Pixies, Love & Rockets   

X                       John Anson Ford                 Jul 28, 1988
                                   ?

Echo & The Bunnymen     Parkwest                        Sep 9, 1987
                                   New Order, Gene Loves Jezebel

Grateful Dead           Parkwest                        Aug 20, 1987

R.E.M.                  Fairgrounds                     Oct 7, 1986
                                   Guadalcanal Diary

The Circle Jerks        Fairgrounds                     Nov 29, 1985
                                   Suicidal Tendencies, 7 Seconds

The Dead Kennedys       Fairgrounds                     Oct 26, 1985
                                   ?

X                       SLC Palladium                   Sep 18, 1985
                                   ?

Steel Pulse             Triad Theater                   Sep 15, 1985:1
                                   ?

Thompson Twins          UofU                            Sep 19, 1984
                                   Berlin

Judas Priest            Salt Palace                     Jul 31, 1984

Blackfoot               Salt Palace                     Jul 22, 1983
                                   Krokus, Twisted Sister

Def Leppard             Salt Palace                     Aug 7, 1983
                                   Uriah Heep

ZZ Top                  Salt Palace                     Jun 19, 1983
                                   ?

Judas Priest            Salt Palace                     Nov 29, 1982

April Wine              Salt Palace                     Sep 8, 1982
                                   ?

.38 Special             Salt Palace                     Jun 30, 1982
                                   ?

Loverboy                Salt Palace                     Jun 8, 1982

Journey                 Salt Palace                     Nov 19, 1981
                                   ?

Rush                    Salt Palace                     Jun 3, 1981
                                   ?
                                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                                X