Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can You Name Every Band/ Musical Artist You've Seen Perform Live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counting Crows were decent but it couldn't be more obvious how much they despise playing 'Mr Jones'. Now I fully respect an artist changing up their live performances but he absolutely butchered that song. They played 5 or 6 from their first album, which is the only I have, but none of the new songs they played will compel me to seek out their about-to-be-released record. Toad the Wet Sprocket were pretty good.

Not sure how many old blues fans we have around here, but I saw Lazy Lester last night. He's 81 and can still bring it.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Another Bob Mould show last night. Incredible. As intense and energetic as he was with Husker Du and Sugar. No idea how he can keep it up at 53.

Played several HD songs not usually in his live sets, including Flip Your Wig, Hate Paper Doll and Something I Learned Today.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Every year the alternative station here in LA (KROQ) puts on two shows - the Weenie Roast in June and Almost Acoustic Christmas in December. They usually get pretty good lineups but only once did I feel compelled to go (Black Keys, Phoenix, Broken Bells, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Vampire Weekend, and Florence & the Machine back in 2010). As my excitement with new indie bands has tapered a bit lately, I was not expecting to go to another one of these shows anytime soon...until they released this year's lineup:

U2 - a ticket to see them alone usually costs more than the whole ticket; not one of my all-time favorites, but one that I'd definitely like to see
        Smashing Pumpkins - wasn't at a concert-going age when they were huge, should be fun nostalgia; one of my favorite 90's bands
        Weezer - pretty much the same sentiment as Smashing Pumpkins, hopefully they don't play too much new stuff
        Modest Mouse - one of the indie bands I've surprisingly never seen in concert, real excited for this one
        Tears for Fears - I love a couple of their hits ("Everybody Wants to Rule the World" and "Head over Heels") and hate the other big one ("Shout"); should at least be interesting to see a legendary 80s band 30 years later
        Interpol - a band I feel like I should listen to more, their debut album was awesome
        Imagine Dragons - it's incredible how many radio singles they've had off their debut album; their style isn't exactly my cup of tea, but they're talented songwriters
        Alt-J - a buzz band that I haven't been able to get into, maybe the live show will sway me
        Vance Joy - I really dig his hit single ("Riptide") but it's been overplayed, interested to see what his other songs sound like

All this for $100!

Comment

• That's incredible, when is it?
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• i miss me some rodney on the roq.
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Damn...that's quite a lineup.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                Every year the alternative station here in LA (KROQ) puts on two shows - the Weenie Roast in June and Almost Acoustic Christmas in December. They usually get pretty good lineups but only once did I feel compelled to go (Black Keys, Phoenix, Broken Bells, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Vampire Weekend, and Florence & the Machine back in 2010). As my excitement with new indie bands has tapered a bit lately, I was not expecting to go to another one of these shows anytime soon...until they released this year's lineup:

U2 - a ticket to see them alone usually costs more than the whole ticket; not one of my all-time favorites, but one that I'd definitely like to see
                Smashing Pumpkins - wasn't at a concert-going age when they were huge, should be fun nostalgia; one of my favorite 90's bands
                Weezer - pretty much the same sentiment as Smashing Pumpkins, hopefully they don't play too much new stuff
                Modest Mouse - one of the indie bands I've surprisingly never seen in concert, real excited for this one
                Tears for Fears - I love a couple of their hits ("Everybody Wants to Rule the World" and "Head over Heels") and hate the other big one ("Shout"); should at least be interesting to see a legendary 80s band 30 years later
                Interpol - a band I feel like I should listen to more, their debut album was awesome
                Imagine Dragons - it's incredible how many radio singles they've had off their debut album; their style isn't exactly my cup of tea, but they're talented songwriters
                Alt-J - a buzz band that I haven't been able to get into, maybe the live show will sway me
                Vance Joy - I really dig his hit single ("Riptide") but it's been overplayed, interested to see what his other songs sound like

All this for $100!
                Tears for Fears was one of the best 80s bands live - very unespected

Comment

• I would think U2 is going to cancel after Bono fell off his bike in Central Park, fractures in arm/shoulder/eye socket.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Smashing Pumpkins was one of the very worst live shows I've ever had the misfortune of having to sit through. I hate that whiny bitch of a singer of theirs.
                    Billy Corrigan.

i never much cared for Smashing Pumpkins either.

Comment

Smashing Pumpkins was one of the very worst live shows I've ever had the misfortune of having to sit through. I hate that whiny bitch of a singer of theirs.

Weezer, on the other hand, was the exact opposite. Great show, humble and entertaining performers. It was after seeing them that I started to buy up their music.
                      I saw Smashing Pumpkins about two weeks after 'Cherub Rock' first aired on MTV so his ego hadn't yet grown completely out of control and they were great. Never seen Weezer unfortunately.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

When I saw Smashing Pumpkins at Lollapalooza a long time ago, that douchebag singer spent like 10 minutes dissing the Beastie Boys right after they'd played.
                        You think if he knew then that the Beastie Boys would make the Hall of Fame and likely they would never be considered...he might have done differently?

Probably.....not.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

When I saw Smashing Pumpkins at Lollapalooza a long time ago, that douchebag singer spent like 10 minutes dissing the Beastie Boys right after they'd played. He is such a smug piece of shit. Can't stand him. And while SP has some good songs, particularly on their first two albums, their collection is so littered with trite garbage ("Today is the greatest day blah blah shut the fuck up") that they're just not worth my time. I'd much rather backhand that annoying prick than hand him my money.

Oh, and he's some disciple of world-class fuckwad right wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, which just pushes him further down into my personal Go Fuck Yourself hole.
                          Yea, he's a total douchebag...and I had no idea he was a Jones lemming.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Yea, he's a total douchebag...and I had no idea he was a Jones lemming.
                            blah blah blah - I stopped reading - yuck http://www.salon.com/2013/03/25/bill...racy_theorist/

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                              blah blah blah - I stopped reading - yuck http://www.salon.com/2013/03/25/bill...racy_theorist/
                              there's some comedy gold in the comments.

"Did they discuss whether or not the world really is a vampire?"

"When is he going to make another Addams Family movie?"
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Probably not. I have seen about 300 major shows, and I guess about 100 major acts... and way more if you let me mention all the bands I saw at Live Aid and other mega shows.

Comment

Working...
                                X