What do I do with a check for $0.46?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I do with a check for $0.46?

I got a check for the interest on my apartment security deposit for $0.46. What do I do with the fool thing? My first inclination was the throw it away. It's probably not worth my time to go to the bank and it seems like the whole process needed by the banking industry to transfer .46 is a waste. But then the fact that this whole charade is happening makes me annoyed and makes me want to waste everyone's time by cashing it.

What say you?
    Shred it/Throw it away
    0%
    Go to the bank and cash it
    0%
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

I say live it up! Use it as a down payment on a good bottle of scotch.

Comment

I think it depends on a few things--One, your feelings about your landlord; Two, how often you get checks to deposit; and Three, how far out of your way it is to deposit a check.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Donate it to lucky's super pac!

If youdont really like your landlord, deduct it from your rent total and give him the check back
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          Donate it to lucky's super pac!

If youdont really like your landlord, deduct it from your rent total and give him the check back
          Unless it is Revo.

Comment

Put it above your visor and the next time you are at the bank cash it. Checks are normally good for 6 months. I would guess you would find reason to be at or near the bank in the next 6 months.

Comment

buy a round for the bar
              Last edited by hacko; 02-18-2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Unless it is Revo.
                Hahahaha!
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

that and 4 bucks will get you a cup of coffee
                  Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

paper plane
                    pick you teeth
                    camp toilet paper
                    oragami
                    beer mat

Comment

Originally posted by Igor View Post
                      camp toilet paper
                      ow...
                      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

When I get a cheque I fold it up and stick it in my wallet. Sometimes I have 2 or 3 cheques but eventually they get deposited together in the bank.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                          When I get a cheque I fold it up and stick it in my wallet. Sometimes I have 2 or 3 cheques but eventually they get deposited together in the bank.
                          well, thank god he doesn't have a cheque.
                          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander
                            the whole process needed by the banking industry to transfer .46 is a waste.
                            What say you?
                            It probably is a bigger waster of process for the banking industry and the check writer if you don't cash it, as it will at some point show up as an outstanding check. In any event, I'd vote with the majority. Cash it at the bank and state in as serious a tone as possible "I'd like it in dimes and pennies only please."

Comment

Send it to the IRS as a donation when you file.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X