Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed from the Bull Pen

Folks,

the time has come for me to ask for assistance from the Bull Pen community.

My younger brother has had a brush with cancer that has required a chunk of his scalp to be removed. While our first concern is, of course, that he receives an all clear from the cancer, in terms of his day to day life he needs work done on the damaged part of his head. Unfortunately, the disfigurement is more severe than had been predicted by the surgeon. It is compounded by the fact that he is virtually completely bald - no chance of an artful piece of hairdressing to hide the damage.

Essentially what is needed is some cosmetic surgery to "fill in" the missing chunk of scalp on the top of his head which is about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and about 1/4 inch in depth. The problem is that so far we have not received much clarity on this.

It's a long shot, but if anyone happened to have any direct contacts in this type of work/industry, please let me know in a PM. I, and my family, would be grateful for any suggestions as to what might be possible.

Thank you.

Sorry to hear that Andy.

What about a Wayne Rooney? That is a damn fine piece of subterfuge.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Sorry to hear that Andy.

What about a Wayne Rooney? That is a damn fine piece of subterfuge.
      Nope - he's just perfectly happy being bald, just needs the head back to something near its usual shape

Comment

Take a look at this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Very interesting indeed - that certainly looks like the sort of thing. Sincere thanks.

Comment

Wow. I can't be of help, but I certainly feel for you and your younger brother.

Comment

Thanks man - he's hanging tough.

Comment

Sorry that I can't be of any help but I'll pray that your bro pulls through.

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
                  Very interesting indeed - that certainly looks like the sort of thing. Sincere thanks.
                  Maybe you could call him and get a referral for someone good closer to your home?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Maybe you could call him and get a referral for someone good closer to your home?
                    Yes, very possibly. I've got a call set up tomorrow evening with somebody who might be able to help in that regard also.

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
                      Yes, very possibly. I've got a call set up tomorrow evening with somebody who might be able to help in that regard also.
                      Shouldn't your health authorities be able to refer you? Can you not get any assistance from them?

Comment

I can send your brother my USAF basic training picture. He'll realize that no matter what happens, there's still someone out there who's worse looking bald.

Yes, it's that bad.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Shouldn't your health authorities be able to refer you? Can you not get any assistance from them?
                          At the moment it has been distinctly lacking. In particular, there was no clarity as to what would ultimately be possible for him.

Comment

I honestly can't help on this one...other than prayers and moral support.

Best of luck and keep us informed of your brother's status.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
                              Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                              Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Working...
                              X