Revo to the 15-Day DL (2/16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revo to the 15-Day DL (2/16)

non-displaced fracture of the 5th metacarpal bone in the throwing hand. Out 4-to-6 weeks.

Source: Drs. Mastromonaco & Perveen

Originally posted by revo View Post
    non-displaced fracture of the 5th metacarpal bone in the throwing hand. Out 4-to-6 weeks.

Source: Drs. Mastromonaco & Perveen
    Who did you punch?

Comment

I scored both 4th and 5th metacarpal breaks playing softball 20 years ago (went for the shoestring catch as CF in a co-ed game; lumbering LF took huge step back at last second, tangled legs and he landed on me like a beached whale. became my boss 10 yrs later, ironically).

non-throwing (glove) hand for me, at least.
      weird injury, in that they're not moving parts to the extent that a finger or leg is. they just have to rest comfortably for several weeks to heal.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
        Who did you punch?
        My first thought, too.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
          Who did you punch?
          It had something to do with a tenant who consistently lies to me......my fist.....and a wall. I'm a pacifist at heart.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            It had something to do with a tenant who consistently lies to me......my fist.....and a wall. I'm a pacifist at heart.
            Next time, punch the tenant. Better yet, hire someone to punch the tenant. Less danger and IMO tax-deductible.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

I told you not to reach for that extra doughnut....
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

[QUOTE=revo;66432]It had something to do with a tenant who consistently lies to me......my fist.....and a wall. I'm a pacifist at heart.[/QUOTE

Not to the Walls.

10 year old Gregg random dials: ring ring

Random number: hello

10yr old Gregg: Are the Walls home?

Random number: I am sorry you have the wrong number there are no Walls here!

10 yr old Gregg: he hee snort what holds up your roof? Bwaa ha ha.

All kidding aside prayers are with you for a fast healing.

Comment

Crash Davis: Did you hit me with your right hand or did you hit me with your left? Huh? Did you hit me with your right hand or did you hit me with your LEFT?

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: My left.

Crash Davis: Good! That's good; when you get in a fight with a drunk you don't hit him with your pitching hand. God, I can't keep giving you these free lessons so quit screwin' around and help me up.
                  "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                  - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                  - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Damm----jackass!!! Never hit an object that is not going to give. Punch the couch, a pillow....whatever. I have taken care of more people who have puched walls and the like than I care to count. The only thing worse to punch is a window----seen some serious woulds with that. I did see one guy get the best of both worlds by puching a glass-block wall, fractures AND big cuts as he got halfway through.
                    Seriously Ed, feel better!
                    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Thanks guys -- I'm fine (if not an idiot). Even my doctor said "I hope you learned your lesson!"

Comment

I could never be a landlord, because I would end up swinging on assclowns that set my property on fire, can't pick up after themselves, or are late with the rent.
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

At least you won't miss the start of the season.
                          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                            At least you won't miss the start of the season.
                            yeah, but who's gonna take the flyer on the old injury-prone guy on auction day, even if he's not on the DL to start the season?
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                              yeah, but who's gonna take the flyer on the old injury-prone, out of shape guy on auction day, even if he's not on the DL to start the season?
                              fixed...........

have you seen the weight-loss thread...........jeez

I keed, I keed........
                              Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Working...
                              X