Five Guys Saturday night

portion control - priceless!
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Didn't weigh-in today, so I'll go with my number from Friday:

Jan 9 - 297.2
    Jan 16 - 291.2
    Jan 23 - 292.2
    Jan 31 - 292.6
    Feb 6 - 289.8
    Feb 10 - 287.2

For the week: -2.6 lbs
    Since the start: -10.0 lbs

I think I have about 20 lbs to go to fit into my "mid-fat" clothes. I didn't exercise all weekend, time to get back into the swing of it.

Comment

Jan 9 - 260.0
      Jan 16 - 255.0
      Jan 23 - 253.0
      Jan 30 - 253.0
      Feb 6 - 253.0
      Feb 13 - 254.4 (Plus 1.4 this week)

Pregnant wife and winter time is killing me at the moment. Been re-arranging the house much of the week to prepare for kid 3, which meant a lot of fast food this week, plus a few extra beers. Was hoping all the lifting and moving would help. It did not. Hopefully I can improve this week and maybe talk the wife into some healthier options for dinner, though it is hard when we are both tired after all the work we have been doing around the house, not to mention me 9-5. Spring can't get here fast enough so that I can get to walking and playing with the boys outside which is usually good for my weight.

Comment

Jan 9 - 240.0
        Jan 16 - 236.0
        Jan 23 - 233.6
        Jan 30 - 230.8
        Feb 6 - 230.0
        Feb 13 - 228.2
        Goal - 215

For the week: -1.8 lbs
        Since the start: -11.8 lbs
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Jan. 9 - 186.5
          Jan. 16 - 184.0
          Jan. 23 - 184.0
          Jan. 30 - 183.5
          Feb. 6 - 182.5
          Feb. 13 - 182.0

Very happy with my progress, overall. Still averaged just under 2500/day calories for the week, but I've been doing a ton of exercise (3-4 hours/day) and it's helped. My legs are getting much more chiseled as I've been walking and running constantly. I also ran my first 10 KM run. Clocked in at 1:10:12, and I hope to be under an hour within a few weeks of practicing.

Also got to see a couple of softball teammates out at a show and they were kind of shocked. I've lost 25 lbs since the season ended, so I was telling them about getting into shape so that I can come into camp and play at a higher level. Pretty awesome to see how excited they were.

Also got to break out that one shirt I love that's been packed away for 5 years, so that was pretty awesome.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Was under the weather most of last week so i didn't get to the gym. usually when I'm sick I don't want to eat, but didn't have that problem this time. the only diet complication was that water tasted bad, so I didn't drink nearly as much as I had been. Plus, I'm a huge fidgeter and had a dive club meeting thursday night. Sitting around trying to pretend I am a social person without something to fuss with means i eat a ton of snacks (peanuts, goldfish, nachos etc...) just to keep busy.

That said, I was thrilled to be down another 1.5 this week to 203.

214/203/199 - now 189.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I've been slacking and kinda down about it and haven't posted in a bit.

That said I started at 279 and I'm currently at 276 and I'm really working on rededicating myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post

That said I started at 279 and I'm currently at 276 and I'm really working on rededicating myself.
                We all have slips and setbacks. Good luck!
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

yeah, the end of football ought to do some guys some good.
                  make plans to do something active this weekend....
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

226/217/200.

pretty good week for me in terms of watching calories. going to try to get back into lunchtime pickup basketball to get some exercise this week.
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post

Stop playing Star Wars and take Coop on a long walk

Comment

Oh btw haven't been participating in this thread, but been reading it with interest since i'm doing my own diet/exercise regime also down 14 pounds since the new year. I try to walk/run 2-4 miles a day and with my job it's pretty easy to do that and some. Biggest change was diet. Haven't had fast food/take out since i started unless you count Subway which i "cheat" with once a week with their healthy subs.

Comment

No fast food here either since the new year, which is a huge change for me. I use to be probably 4-5 times a week. No french Fries. Also haven't had red meat since NYE. I'm not planning on cutting it out completely, but I'm really trying to cut down.

I do have a hankering for a nice burger though. Maybe once I hit 199 I'll celebrate with one before continuing on to 189.

I've replaced the fast food burgers and fries mostly with turkey hoagies (shorties from WAWA instead of the classics I use to eat), chicken tacos from chipolte, or turkey meatball subs. I know they aren't the best choices I can make, but they are a hell of a lot better than the choices I use to make and have me moving in the right direction.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

1/9/12 - 281.4
                            1/16/12 - 280 Down 1.4
                            1/23/12 - 277.8 Down 2.2
                            1/30/12 - 278.8 Up 1.0
                            2/6/12 - 277.2 Down 1.6
                            2/13/12 - 277.0 Down 0.2

Down a total of 4.4

Goal by Opening Day 260

I was hoping for a better week, but I always say, down is down. Hopefully, this week will continue in the downward trend. 260 by Opening Day might not be a realistic goal, but this keeps me focused.
                            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Jan 7 - 275
                              Jan 16 - 269
                              Jan 23 - 266
                              Jan 30 - 262
                              Feb 6 - 259
                              Feb 13 - 257 (down 18 overall)

Opening Day Goal: 255

Comment

Working...
                              X