Whitney Houston passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I know of no true Christian who has any respect for Westboro and their antics.

They anger me to the point that I feel guilty about my thoughts towards them.
    You should feel more guilty if the WBC gang arouses no emotion at all in you. Your anger shows you care.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Shellfish is a bit touchy. I didn't realize Whitney ate shellfish.
      He's referring to the laws of kashrut (kosher) in Leviticus.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
        He's referring to the laws of kashrut (kosher) in Leviticus.
        My failed attempt at humor.

Comment

I know of no true Christian who has any respect for Westboro and their antics.

They anger me to the point that I feel guilty about my thoughts towards them.
          Well said, and another reason Gregg is a very respected poster here.

Comment

I'm just not up for lowering the flags in the state for her. Once we start giving Grammy's to fallen military soldiers we can then start lowering the flags upon the death of entertainers. There's a time and a place for things, and this isn't it. Otherwise, I hope her family gets the private funeral they hope for and people respect their wish.

I also agree with gregg that westboro baptist church makes me feel guilty about my non-pacifist, non-free-speech, thoughts toward them.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Nancy Grace is throwing around that Whitney was murdered. This is nice speculation.
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                Nancy Grace is throwing around that Whitney was murdered. This is nice speculation.
                lmao. yes, just like the evil michael jackson doctor. we can't accept that celebrity junkies kill themselves - the fabulous people don't do that! no, they must be victims. somebody else did it to them. :facepalm:
                ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

it's tough to remain relevant when you have little talent and you aren't making **** up.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Celebrities dying gives us plebes the awesome opportunity to pretend we're better than they are. Whitney Houston is "trash", right? See, she's not as fabulous as she thought! Ah, schadenfreude.
                    i couldn't care less about her one way or the other - i didn't know her. i just find it funny that some people feel they must elevate her to a saint or a victim or a once-in-a-lifetime talent just because she overdosed.

kc

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      I think people are probably elevating her because she had an amazing voice and was an extremely popular artist unlike, say, Roto Rooter or Cobain's Ghost, who are probably both very popular with their moms and immediate family but haven't touched strangers' lives in any meaningful way.
                      was she your mom or something? lmao

maybe you should lay off the douche pills before you overdose. lol

kc

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        You're talking sh!t about someone who just died and I'm the douche? Bitch, please.
                        telling the truth and offering opinions != talking sh!t. but now that i know you were so touched by whitney, i will try to be more sensitive to your tender little feelings.

kc

Comment

• This is getting good

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                            This is getting good
                            just wondered if i could get a whitney houston thread locked. i think i'm close!

kc

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
                              just wondered if i could get a whitney houston thread locked. i think i'm close!
                              I hope not. We need a little fire around here.

Who should be elevated this highest; Kurt Cobain, Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston?
                              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                                I hope not. We need a little fire around here.

Who should be elevated this highest; Kurt Cobain, Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston?
                                cobain. he was the only one smart enough to check out before his career swirled down the toilet.

kc

Comment

Working...
                                X