start - 228
    feb 6 - 221.5
    lost .5 lb
    goal - 205

got in 3 days of gym but also 1 bad day of eating - Friday not super sunday

Comment

"Really lost it over the weekend, happy to see I didn't gain."

That's an underrated plus about this 'contest.'
      Super Bowl Sunday tends to be a disaster for football fans - so if you only broke even this week, well, you would have gained 2 lbs last year, so that's an improvement. Yet I see better numbers than that - impressive!

Just got back tonight, will have to weigh in a day late tomorrow. Not sure how I did myself - long hours, 'good' stress, but tried not to go too crazy with food (tough on the road) and I walked a couple of miles a day partly in the course of doing business. I would take a break-even for the week, we'll see.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        10 km, or 6.2 miles. I signed up in the slowest starting group just to avoid the mental barrier of being surrounded by actual runners.

No real expectations, but it's a good motivator to want to not embarass myself.
        Good luck. Believe it or not, I actually ran a half marathon as well as 5 Olympic distance triathlons about 10 yrs (and 75 lbs) ago.

Comment

I broke 190 today. I treated my self to a workout followed by an apple and yogurt for breakfast. I'm having eye surgery later today (I-lasik) so I'm guessing no workouts for a few days. With that in mind I gotta stay strong on the food intake or else I will give the pounds right back!
          Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
          Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Jan. 9 - 205.0
            Jan. 16 - 201.0
            Jan. 23 - 200.5
            Jan. 30 - 198.0
            Feb. 6(7) - 197.5

score!
            could not completely manage the calorie intake on the road, but the extra miles of walking (barely) more than made up for it.

pleased with that, now would love a full 2 lb loss again this week....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

I worked for a sweet lady who's husband runs a well recognized baseball club (produced Morneau, Francis, Paxton, etc.)

She made lunch for us, and I felt obligated to eat the entire giant sub she made us plus a few small snacks. It sucks knowing that you're over 2000 calories for the day at noon, but I've always been told to accept anything that a client offers you to make them feel good. Oh well. The work was pretty physically demanding, so I guess it should balance things, but would've been nice to stay disciplined.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

"I've always been told to accept anything that a client offers you to make them feel good."

nothing wrong with eating some, saying it was great, but you haven't been feeling well, or you can't eat certain food, etc.
                as long as you express regret over your "loss," you've done the right thing....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Jan 9 - 260.0
                  Jan 16 - 255.0
                  Jan 23 - 253.0
                  Jan 30 - 253.0
                  Feb 6 - 253.0 (0 Lost again this week)

Well hopefully that is the end of bad weeks. Lots of running meant lots of fast food this week and of course the huge Super Bowl party with a ton of food and beer taken in. Actually was expecting to gain, but I'll take another break even week.

Comment

I google mapped a 10 KM run in my neighbourhood, and just ran it for the first time tonight. 1:10:12 is what I clocked in at. Lots of room for improvement there, and 9 weeks to chip away at it.

Weight isn't moving much due to some poor eating choices (average 2500 calories a day, so of course it's tough to lose weight), but making the transition from walking to running should be another jump in my overall athleticism.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Still fighting a brutal head cold, so no walking/hiking.
                      Stomach feels fine, so "feed a cold" for strength/recuperation.

Chinese food tonite, large wonton soup and spare rib appetizer.
                      At least had no crisp noodles in the soup, skipped the rice option, and had a dietary chicken and chinese vegetables entree, no MSG and skipped the sauce as well.

May not shape us as a winning week, but I'm not just giving up altogether.
                      Looking for banana+Cheerios tomorrow, and a good lunch and dinner pick tomorrow - plus better health as of Monday I hope....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Mrs Judge has had a very bad week (details irrelevant, as we all know).
                        Still under the weather, but I say I'll pick up dinner anywhere she'd like (she's a size 4 and eats like a bird).

"How about Five Guys?"
                        Ugh, ok.

She says she wants a single burger and also fries, even though it would take her a month to eat that "serving."
                        ok

I got a single, not a double, plain except for bacon.
                        Get home, and they put unwanted cheese on my burger (free, but still....)

Ok, I ate only SIX of the what, 1000 fries that they put in that greasy brown bag (the grease leaves dark stains on the bag, yikes).
                        Mrs Judge ate maybe 20, and we threw the rest out.

She felt better afterwards - and so did I.

If I don't win this week, I sure as hell ain't getting blown out.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                        X