Lance Armstrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance Armstrong

OK....I have suggested a few times in this forum that in my opinion there are four good things about Tejas.... my Texas friends, the women, Austin and LANCE ARMSTRONG...

Lance had been vindicated...finally.....that is all...... carry on.

Yes ... definitely vindicated ... it's clear everyone else was doping, but of course not superhuman Lance.

[/sarcasm] [/tongueincheek]

Please ... an investigation being dropped is not the same as being proven innocent. Everyone else was on PEDs and he was still twice the rider as anyone else ... that says it all.

Comment

I would add the State Park system and the highways.

In any event, this is long overdue.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Yes ... definitely vindicated ... it's clear everyone else was doping, but of course not superhuman Lance.

Please ... an investigation being dropped is not the same as being proven innocent. Everyone else was on PEDs and he was still twice the rider as anyone else ... that says it all.
        In this case it is.

Everyone else was not on PEDs, though it has been a problem. However, he was twice as good and got 10 times the scrutiny. If they did not find anything, it was because there was nothing to find.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          In this case it is.

Everyone else was not on PEDs, though it has been a problem. However, he was twice as good and got 10 times the scrutiny. If they did not find anything, it was because there was nothing to find.
          Yeah, yeah ... whatever

Mayo, Hincapie, Riis, Zabel, Vinikorov, Virenque, Zulle, Moreau, Basso, Contador, Pantani, Landis, Hamilton, Miller, Brochard, Dufaux etc etc etc. It's amazing that yanks make it sound like people are picking on Armstrong like he's an exception. He was cheating like all of them. Wake up FFS.

Comment

Shocking-- Johnny unable to accept the superiority of an American. You are more predictable than Sharp Talons confronted with a budget increase.
            "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

The bottom line is pretty simple here, Federal Prosecutors like to win their cases, and they tend to drop those where they might lose. It in no way, shape, or form indicate that Armstrong is clean, or that he didn't dope. He's simply not going to be charged with violating federal conspiracy, fraud or racketeering charges
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm.......or something

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  The bottom line is pretty simple here, Federal Prosecutors like to win their cases, and they tend to drop those where they might lose. It in no way, shape, or form indicate that Armstrong is clean, or that he didn't dope. He's simply not going to be charged with violating federal conspiracy, fraud or racketeering charges
                  :amen:

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                    Shocking-- Johnny unable to accept the superiority of an American. You are more predictable than Sharp Talons confronted with a budget increase.
                    I was a huge Lance Armstrong fan. The guy was superman. But like baseball, I lost all faith in the sport when the extent of the doping became clear ... and the riders and teams are still doing it ... they just won't stop. These people just seem to live in their own world.

Just need Lionel Messi to be found guilty of doping and I can give up on sport completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      I'm going from memory, but wasn't the lead prosecutor the same one who went after Bonds? In that case, neither risk of lost case nor lack of evidence seemed to be an impediment to him going after a high profile athlete.

What this tells me is the prosecutors had pathetically little evidence, and it was compounded by trying to prosecute someone who was almost as popular as Bonds was unpopular.

None of us fully know or don't know if Lance doped. I can confidently say if he did, he and his staff were far and above the most fiendishly efficient at the game. Not only was Lance the most tested athlete of his era, their team cars, buses, and hotels were routinely searched for doping materials. If he did dope, I have yet to see a viable theory as to how he pulled it off for as long as he did without being caught.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        I'm going from memory, but wasn't the lead prosecutor the same one who went after Bonds? In that case, neither risk of lost case nor lack of evidence seemed to be an impediment to him going after a high profile athlete.

What this tells me is the prosecutors had pathetically little evidence, and it was compounded by trying to prosecute someone who was almost as popular as Bonds was unpopular.

None of us fully know or don't know if Lance doped. I can confidently say if he did, he and his staff were far and above the most fiendishly efficient at the game. Not only was Lance the most tested athlete of his era, their team cars, buses, and hotels were routinely searched for doping materials. If he did dope, I have yet to see a viable theory as to how he pulled it off for as long as he did without being caught.
                        No, I don't think that was the same prosecutor...he was however the guy who declined to continue the investigation of Countrywide Mortgage. Which leads more credence to my theory, because if you couldn't find and prove fraud inside of one of those mortgage giants, you just aren't looking. BTW, despite it all, they did get a conviction on Bonds, who is now has a felony to carry around for the rest of his life, barring an appeals turnover.

And if Armstrong has the best support team while riding, why wouldn't he have the best support team where doping is concerned? Just sayin'...
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post

The other cyclists got away with it for years also ... many admitted this after they got caught. Also consider that Lance did not race that often, so he wasn't tested as often as the other cyclists ... like Miguel Indurain, he was only concerned with Le Tour, so he never did the Giro. It's a nice myth that he was the "most tested athlete of his era" ... remember it was Lance who said that, this is not a matter of fact. He was tested as much as any of them ... the teams were just miles ahead of the testing authorities and using substances and techniques that the authorities had no clue about ... and testing in the early-mid 00's was nothing like it is today. 4 members of his team have came out against him, and Hincappie, the rider who was his right-hand for most of his wins, has basically admitted as much ...

I'm surprised to see so much open blindness on a baseball board after what this sport has had to suffer over the last 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Yeah, it's because Lance is American. Durr da durr.
                            With Johnny? Yes, yes it is.
                            "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                              With Johnny? Yes, yes it is.
                              Or maybe it's because it's an American board and American topics come up for discussion ...

Comment

Working...
                              X