No announcement yet.

2012 Annual RJ Weight Loss Challenge - Jan. 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So when I was searching for a website with calorie counts for restaurant food, I found this:

I signed on, and it is tracking my food each day now. It says that yesterday I was at:

Code:
    	            Calories 	Carbs 	Fat 	Protein
    Totals 	                1,210	86	55	100
    Your Daily Goal         1,340	184	45	50
    Remaining 	          130	98	-10	-50
    What is being over my protein doing to me?
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      So when I was searching for a website with calorie counts for restaurant food, I found this:

I signed on, and it is tracking my food each day now. It says that yesterday I was at:

Code:
      	            Calories 	Carbs 	Fat 	Protein
      Totals 	                1,210	86	55	100
      Your Daily Goal         1,340	184	45	50
      Remaining 	          130	98	-10	-50
      What is being over my protein doing to me?
      Not sure, but thanks for the link, just signed up.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/
        I've been using MyFitnessPal as well, and have found it very useful. They have a mobile app that includes a bar code scanner for quickly adding packaged food items to your log. The app syncs with your data on the web, so you can use both the app and the web interface to enter information.

I seldom hit my Carb/Fat/Protein goals either. I'm usually pretty close on protein, way under on fat, and way over on carbs. I've been using Weight Watchers points as a guideline, which takes fiber, calories, and fat into account, so that may have something to do with the imbalance. BTW, MyFitnessPal allows you to customize the "stats" tracked, so I added fiber to the display, which makes it easier to estimate points.

Comment

MyFitnessPal was the iPhone app I recommended using in the signup thread. If you use it online, you should download the app as well. It's free.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            MyFitnessPal was the iPhone app I recommended using in the signup thread. If you use it online, you should download the app as well. It's free.
            If I ever get around to buying a smart phone I will.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              That rocks. Scanner is great!
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

i spaced weighing myself yesterday, so did it today.

226/221/200

still in the right direction, so i'll take it .
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Just back from a 2-mile steep hike and it feels great!
                  I'll be back to my 3-mile efforts next month, with any luck.

Even if you're mainly focused on calories, do yourself a favor and throw in a bonus walk tomorrow. You'll be glad you did...
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                  X