Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    A little short of 7 months.
    damn - what fun! with family and work there's no way i could do that until after retirement...
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Yeah, I guess I'll do a travel blog since lots of people have encouraged me to do so.

Itinerary goes something like this:
      Albuquerque, NM - Oaxaca - Cancun - San Jose - Bogota - Quito - Cusco - Lima - Madrid - - Athens - Bombay / Mumbai - - Goa - Bangkok - Bali (Denpasar) - Cairns - Sydney - Christchurch -Auckland - Nadi (Fiji) - Los Angeles, CA - Albuquerque, NM

Those are just the flights. Lots and lots of overland travel in between, especially all over Europe. Of course, I'll probably be murdered in Mexico so the rest of the planning is most likely in vain.
      That's awesome, your itinerary is very similar to ours but we went the other way.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

A little short of 7 months.
        That's a good duration, but also a lot to pack in.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Three more bodies found on Long Island, New York beach, bringing the total to 8.

Thank god I'm going to Mexico and not New York!!!

Scary!!!!!
          I see your trip includes Cairns--heading there myself next month and then on to Darwin--should be an exciting trip. If you get a wild hair when you're in Auckland, hop a flight over to the Cook Islands--Aitutaki is about the most beautiful place I've ever been.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
            I see your trip includes Cairns--heading there myself next month and then on to Darwin--should be an exciting trip. If you get a wild hair when you're in Auckland, hop a flight over to the Cook Islands--Aitutaki is about the most beautiful place I've ever been.
            Darwin is awesome, make sure to visit Kakadu NP.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Three more bodies found on Long Island, New York beach, bringing the total to 8.

Thank god I'm going to Mexico and not New York!!!

enjoy. Perhaps you can become an honorary member of one of the lcacl gangs.

Scary!!!!!
              enjoy. Perhaps you can become an honorary member of one of the local gangs. I am sure you can get some property their cheap.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Darwin is awesome, make sure to visit Kakadu NP.
                Staying at the Alligator Hotel in Jaibru for 2 nights.

Comment

another day, another murder(s)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/05...rder-crossing/

VIVA LA MEXICO!
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Yes. I refuse to go the USA because of violence in New Orleans. VIVA LA COWARDICE!
                    ooooooh youre so brave. When you get to Mexico just rip up your green card so you can stay there. Maybe theyll give you a semi-automatic as a show of appreciation.

Comment

I like to travel. I am not afraid, like you. I will come home after I'm done traveling. I'm going many, many other places than Mexico. Comments like you've been constantly making about semi-automatics and gangs are not only stupid and childish but are also offensive to the vast majority of Mexican people, who are honest and thoughtful people that just live their lives like any other human being. Just as some idiot committing murder in New York does not mean that New York is a cesspool or that New Yorkers are gang bangers or murderers, the same should be applied to Mexicans. We're talking about border violence --- still. I won't be going to Juarez or Tijuana, just like I wouldn't go on vacation to north Brooklyn or South Central LA. I'd attempted to show your over generalizations through my own NY examples, but that apparently has failed.
                      I'm with eldiablo on this one Hammer. We all know it's not too smart to wander into a violent neighborhood if you don't have to. But you're acting like the entire nation of Mexico is a violent neighborhood. It's not, despite the fact that it's got some really bad neighborhoods.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        I'm with eldiablo on this one Hammer. We all know it's not too smart to wander into a violent neighborhood if you don't have to. But you're acting like the entire nation of Mexico is a violent neighborhood. It's not, despite the fact that it's got some really bad neighborhoods.
                        Right now, there is a gang war that is not just in a few violent neighborhoods. Its encompassed many areas, causing many to flee, including government officials. The article I put up today was murder at the border in broad daylight. If you think whats going on in Mexico right now is just about a few bad neighborhoods, you arent paying close enough attention.

Comment

I like to travel. I am not afraid, like you. I will come home after I'm done traveling. I'm going many, many other places than Mexico. Comments like you've been constantly making about semi-automatics and gangs are not only stupid and childish but are also offensive to the vast majority of Mexican people, who are honest and thoughtful people that just live their lives like any other human being. Just as some idiot committing murder in New York does not mean that New York is a cesspool or that New Yorkers are gang bangers or murderers, the same should be applied to Mexicans. We're talking about border violence --- still. I won't be going to Juarez or Tijuana, just like I wouldn't go on vacation to north Brooklyn or South Central LA. I'd attempted to show your over generalizations through my own NY examples, but that apparently has failed.
                          North Brooklyn?? What's wrong with Greenpoint, Brooklyn Heights, Williamsburg or Park Slope that I don't know about?

Comment

I don't know, but I'm scared to death of them all. LOL, feel free to use whatever bad part of town you want. How's Bed Stuy these days?
                            If you're scared to death of walking through a neighborhood of yuppies, perhaps Mexico is not your cup of tea.

Comment

It's not unusual for New York City to have fewer annual murders than large cities with just a relatively small percentage of the NYC population. I don't like stereotyping and am sympathetic to your point (especially if backed by data), but NYC is not a good example of a high murder rate for I think about 30-40+ years now.

The problem of rioting in cities that win NBA/NHL titles is widespread for the last 2 decades. It happened in 1994, when the NY Rangers won the Stanley Cup for the first time in 54 years - well, the actual rioting took place in civilized Vancouver (one of my favorite cities, but the Canucks losing produced the vandalism, not the Rangers winning here).

We probably all could use a reality check on actual danger levels, and where...
                              Last edited by Judge Jude; 04-05-2011, 11:53 PM.
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                If you're scared to death of walking through a neighborhood of yuppies, perhaps Mexico is not your cup of tea.
                                God, has Greenpoint really stopped being the pierogi capital of the Eastern Seaboard and become yuppified? I've been away too long.
                                "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Working...
                                X