Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Main Event: Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney for the Heavyweight Championship of the W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The insider banter is that the recent poll with Romney in a big lead was internet-based so not reliable.
    That could help Romney if it lures SC voters into "going with the crowd" and picking him - or not so much if they don't notice it, and the real results are more mixed as had been forecast, costing Romney in the "expectations" game.

Buzz in NJ has Christie taking the AG gig if Romney wins in November.
    Would be a big plum for him, and he'd get plenty of air time while not having to run a campaign.
    Bluster aside, on actual case law he's tended to be, well, judicious. Meaning that liberals might not hate him in that role as much as they might think.

B-Fly would be a better analyst on that, though.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

You are seeing some social conservative leaders finally coalescing around Santorum. Probably too little, too late, as they delayed too long, possibly waiting on Sara to run.
      “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
      -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Bluster aside, on actual case law he's tended to be, well, judicious. Meaning that liberals might not hate him in that role as much as they might think.
        His record as a prosecutor is pretty good, even on white-collar crime.

AG is a much more political position, of course, but he certainly knows the law.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          Not sure why so many of you here refuse to see the possibility that the BCS is run by certain wealthy groups? And that no matter who is President makes no difference.
          Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
            Fixed.
            LOL!!! On a complete aside, how's the back?
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              LOL!!! On a complete aside, how's the back?
              Thanks for asking. I'm getting a little stronger every day. Tomorrow will be my first day back on the bench.

No idea yet whether this surgery will be a success yet. There was a lot more damage than the surgeon respected, running a two-hour surgery into a five-hour job. Of the six screws that were there, two had become loose, and two had broken off. Essentially, there were two screws holding my spinal column together, which is why there was a bit of "discomfort".

I'm optimistic. The support of family and friends like you guys on the BullPen has meant a lot. Tomorrow will be the first really big test though, as I work through a trial docket.

Comment

Fixed.
                Zing!

Can I have whatever you're taking for your back? :-)

Comment

Romney's father was a popular former Michigan Governor, which won't hurt his cause with seniors there...
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Thanks for asking. I'm getting a little stronger every day. Tomorrow will be my first day back on the bench.
                    Good to hear it!

No idea yet whether this surgery will be a success yet. There was a lot more damage than the surgeon respected, running a two-hour surgery into a five-hour job. Of the six screws that were there, two had become loose, and two had broken off.

So, you've been posting with some screws loose?
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Good to hear it!

No idea yet whether this surgery will be a success yet. There was a lot more damage than the surgeon respected, running a two-hour surgery into a five-hour job. Of the six screws that were there, two had become loose, and two had broken off.

Guilty as charged.

Comment

well played, sir!
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          Romney's father was a popular former Michigan Governor, which won't hurt his cause with seniors there...
                          Michigan is a state that would normally lean Democrat that rates closer to tossup with this ballot. Ditto Nevada and Colorado. Balancing that, he gets hurt in Florida.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                          X