No announcement yet.

2012 dead pool draft signup and discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna be unavailable for the next few hours, so if you need to send a pick to someone, please send to someone else.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• that wing suit guy video was crazy, particularly when he goes through the canyons....
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        that wing suit guy video was crazy, particularly when he goes through the canyons....
        Indeed that video was awesome...but how the hell does he land?
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          with a splat, B-Fly is hoping!
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Parachute inside the suit, for now. Apparently he's aspiring to a parachute-less landing.

Comment

• He's aspiring to help B-Fly win this pool.

Comment

• DQ has timed out, DMT may pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  DQ has timed out, DMT may pick.
                  Just earlier today, I was thinking how surprising it was that no one had yet taken Ahmedinejad and then DQ does, after timing out no less!
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
                    5.13 - earl campbell
                    This makes me sad...
                    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• I always google the celebs I had no idea were in the Reaper's way. Earl Campbell? Anthony Michael Hall? What up wit dem?

Comment

• Not that it's 100% accurate, of course, but Wikipedia is usually a good source for a quick synopsis of why someone might be worth picking.

Campbell's entry:

Due to the many carries in his NFL career and numerous hits on his body, Campbell has great difficulty walking and sometimes requires the use of a wheelchair. In 2004, ESPN showed a segment about retired and current NFL players who deal with chronic injuries due to playing in the NFL over a number of years. The segment showed Earl Campbell at a farm using a wheelchair. Campbell has developed severe arthritis in his knees and has debilitating back pain. He attributes his back pain to a congenital back condition aggravated by his football career.
                        Hall's entry turns up nothing of use, but there's this TMZ report:

Anthony Michael Hall has been scaring the crap out of his neighbors for months ... screaming obscenities and challenging people to fights in the street ... this according to sources close to the actor.

The latest celeb to go bat-Sheen crazy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          Hall's entry turns up nothing of use, but there's this TMZ report:

The latest celeb to go bat-Sheen crazy?
                          Exactly...going for the home run since most of my remaining list is old.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• SDS has timed out. Davidgrey is on the clock.

Comment

• I'll be offline the rest of the day, I've sent DMT some picks for me if/when it comes back around
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Monday will have a four-hour clock, since it will be a "weekend" day for some.

Comment

Working...
                                X