No announcement yet.

2012 dead pool draft signup and discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after a bit more research i was kicking myself that i didn't take robin gibb. liver cancer - gawd, he'll be dead by next week. i didn't realize how bad he'd gotten - seriously he looks like a freakin' skeleton.

"Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
      how long do we have for each pick?
      Two hours weekdays, four hours weekends. Clock runs from 9 AM to 9 PM Eastern.

I will be lenient in the first round.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

The issue with Gibb is not whether he will die this year, but whether he will die before the end of the draft.

I had no idea that Steve Smith (Raiders) had ALS. There are a few former NFLers that do. I wonder if they get it at an exceptionally high rate, as is the case with a lot of neurological conditions.

Comment

Don't forget to post your roster in the roster thread. It will be easier to update scoring as the year goes along that way.

Comment

I was planning on taking Robin Gibb....(as was B-Fly I'm sure!)
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

That's why I took him now!

Comment

I tried to PM Griswold to let him know he's up, but his inbox is full. If anyone has the abillity to email or text him to alert him, feel free.

Comment

Sent him an email
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                    I tried to PM Griswold to let him know he's up, but his inbox is full. If anyone has the abillity to email or text him to alert him, feel free.
                    sounds like time for a "Griswold, kindly clear out your pm's" thread :O
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I would have taken Carter had Gibb not been available. I figured Gibb/Carter/Paterno would go 1-2-3 in some order.

Comment

So which World Leader That Sucks (TM) will DQ pick first? I have a hunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          So which World Leader That Sucks (TM) will DQ pick first? I have a hunch.
                          Me too, and he was my back-up if someone had snaked The Kid.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                            Pick me then!

Oh wait...I'm married...disregard...
                            And as a male, you're not my type.
                            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                            -- William James

Comment

Wasn't the World Leader That Sucks (TM) that I was thinking of, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Comment

I think etta james is ineligible.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X