End of Year predictions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Year predictions.

The 2012 Presiedential election is an obvious subject, but dont for get the Olympics, the Super Bowl, WS and such.

Mitt Romney will be the GOP nominee.
    The unemployment numbers slide to just under 8%

The world economy continues in a mess, which hampers the US economy. Real growth is less than 2%.

The GOP gains control of the Senate and increases the margin in the House.

The Presidential election is close down to the last of October.
    Romney is elected comfortably, sweeping the key states of FL, NC, OH, and VA.

Green Bay rolls to an impressive win over the Ravens.

Baylor teams win an unprecedented sweep of the NCAA mens and womens basketball titles.

Miami wins their second NBA crown, crushing everyone before a hard fought 6 game win against the Clippers.

Texas Rangers win their third straight pennant and first WS.

Newt Gingrich announces a new book.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Baylor teams win an unprecedented sweep of the NCAA mens and womens basketball titles.
    Connecticut did it in 2004.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

yeah, but not in 2012
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        Connecticut did it in 2004.
        My bad.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Mitt Romney will be the GOP nominee.
          The unemployment numbers are announced as just under 8%, but are actually higher.

The world economy continues in a mess, which hampers the US economy. Real growth is less than 2%. The stock market indulges in "irrational exuberance", with the Dow, S & P 500, and NASDAQ composite indexes all up over 7%.

The GOP breaks even in the Senate and loses the House. John Boehner is unceremoniously tossed out by his fellow House Repubs rather than being named Minority Leader. Boehner cries at the news.

The Presidential election is close down to the wire. Romney wins by 3 electoral votes after a recount in FL. The NY Times and Washington Post are publicly outraged but secretly glad they'll have a Republican to blame for everything.

Green Bay survives a scare from the Saints in the NFC Championship Game and rolls to an impressive win over the AFC North champs (OK, so I'm hedging on who that will be). The Patriots lose their home playoff game again; the media still portray Belichick as a genius and Brady as the perfect QB.

Baylor wins the NCAA womens basketball title. Few notice. Syracuse wins the men's title. Everyone notices.

Miami wins their second NBA crown after losing the first two games, as David Stern makes it very clear that he will not tolerate Donald Sterling's Clippers ever winning anything. Dwyane Wade takes the ball away from LeBron James in each 4th quarter. Blake Griffin is named league MVP. Stern retires at year-end and Barack Obama is named as the new commissioner.

Team USA wins the men's basketball Olympic gold. LeBron realizes there's no 4th quarter in FIBA basketball, only two halves, and goes nuts in the last five minutes of the semi-finals and gold medal games.

The USA female swimmers all look hot and are forgotten as soon as the Olympics are over.

Between commercials, previews, features, interviews, summaries, and discussion, approximately four minutes per hour of Olympic coverage consists of showing actual competition.

Texas Rangers win their third straight pennant and first WS, beating the Yankees, Angels, and Phillies. The Pirates finally finish over .500 at 85-77. Houston narrowly edges out Oakland for the worst record in MLB. Matt Kemp and Albert Pujols win the MVP awards. Bud Selig retires and Hillary Clinton is named as the new commissioner.

Vancouver gets revenge on the Bruins, winning its first Stanley Cup.

Newt Gingrich announces a new book. George W. Bush reads one. Ron Paul writes one, then denies having written it. Soon-to-be-ex-President Obama announces he's writing one, titled "The Audacity of Throwing Me Out".

I finish no lower than sixth in my various fantasy baseball leagues and even win one.

OK, so that last one is probably the least likely.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Working...
          X