No announcement yet.

ironfist meets his first RJer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many of us are now picturing Ned Beatty and "Deliverance," so feel free to talk us down from there - if possible

was a banjo in play?

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      Many of us are now picturing Ned Beatty and "Deliverance," so feel free to talk us down from there - if possible

was a banjo in play?

Byron 6 8 and equitable weight for his height. Hoyos in the back seat with me driving. Compact rental I picked up for the draft. Hooters was our luncheon spot with wings and beer. All of a sudden on our final turn into the draft spot, Byron, in the front seat gets sick—projectile vomit sick- coats the inside of the windshield making me swerve to the curb and all the time—Hoyos dodging particles in the backseat.
      Finally we get him under control, though hours of cleanup laid ahead, we trudged into the draft knowing the content of such a man laid in our transportation back to the villa.

Kudos to Byron, who cleaned it all away and offered cigars as compensation.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Byron 6 8 and equitable weight for his height. Hoyos in the back seat with me driving. Compact rental I picked up for the draft. Hooters was our luncheon spot with wings and beer. All of a sudden on our final turn into the draft spot, Byron, in the front seat gets sick—projectile vomit sick- coats the inside of the windshield making me swerve to the curb and all the time—Hoyos dodging particles in the backseat.
        Finally we get him under control, though hours of cleanup laid ahead, we trudged into the draft knowing the content of such a man laid in our transportation back to the villa.

Kudos to Byron, who cleaned it all away and offered cigars as compensation.
        You left out the best part, Doig. He initially tried to hurl into a Wendy's bag that was in the car and it went exploding through the bottom of the bag. It was comical.

I do miss that league. We had some good times.
        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
          You left out the best part, Doig. He initially tried to hurl into a Wendy's bag that was in the car and it went exploding through the bottom of the bag. It was comical.

yeah last year was my swan song-- it's just not the same.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post

Absolutely, although I'm not sad I wasn't there that year as I probably would've been in the car, too The most important question, though... after he barfed all over the car, did he smell like whore?

Might be fun to cherry pick some of the folks from that league, add a few more and start a yearly commuter draft between NYC & Vegas...
            "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
              Absolutely, although I'm not sad I wasn't there that year as I probably would've been in the car, too The most important question, though... after he barfed all over the car, did he smell like whore?

Might be fun to cherry pick some of the folks from that league, add a few more and start a yearly commuter draft between NYC & Vegas...
              I'm up for that.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

My list is short
                Revo- as Eddie so eloquently posted earlier.
                Hoyos- was in a league with John for a few years and met him a few tmes in Hoboken.
                Fly and UmJewBoy- Met both for lunch some years back. Seth tried to pickpocket me as Brian was chatting me up. A dastardly duo.

I think thats it.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post

I'm in!

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    Mine is a small but interesting list ...

ElD
                    cavebird (not around much anymore)
                    RiffRaff (not around much anymore)

hmmm ... I wonder if there's a trend there ...
                    Just thought I'd update this after our January trip ... had dinner with Wayne (heyelander) and Mike (mjl), and then met up with Fresno for an afternoon of damn fine cocktails (I could really use one of those Whiskey in Church drinks right about now ... and it's not even 11 yet!). Good times.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      Just thought I'd update this after our January trip ... had dinner with Wayne (heyelander) and Mike (mjl), and then met up with Fresno for an afternoon of damn fine cocktails (I could really use one of those Whiskey in Church drinks right about now ... and it's not even 11 yet!). Good times.
                      I am still around - I check in a few times each week. Haven't played fantasy baseball for 3 years now. Active in the RJ Hoops league each year.

Comment

I'm stunned that I still haven't met mjl, despite living 3 miles away. I blame society
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          I'm stunned that I still haven't met mjl, despite living 3 miles away. I blame society
                          That is bizarre. Just take a stroll on over!!
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            That is bizarre. Just take a stroll on over!!
                            not so simple ... I learned the hard way that a two block walk in san fran can take a long time, due to the extra mountain climbing gear you have to bring along.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Let's see, my list is:

Jason - Universal and during Art Monk's HOF weekend in Canton
                              DMT and Greg - Cubs game in Chicago
                              Hammer - A couple of times in NY & NJ area
                              PONY League members:
                              JC
                              Frae
                              minnehan
                              Vecizer
                              And other ones that I can't remember

I'm sure there are others....it escapes me at this point....

Comment

Still lonely in Bel Air.
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X