Clear All

and such a handsome face, to boot!

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I've been really fortunate in getting to meet a lot of the RJ crew, including all of our fearless leaders from the beginning...the infamous Ric, from when it was Ric and Byron, to Byron himself, to Bhob to Jason Collette. I've been bestrode by B-Fly, and pulled out of an SUV by Doig. I've met Brad, Hunter, John Carlos and Paul. Flyman was present for the birth of my son. There are several more I'm too sleepy to remember.

There are quite a few I would really like to meet...I hate to start listing them, since I know I'll leave some people out, but some that come to mind are Judge Jude, chancellor, senor sheep, Erik, Gregg, johnnya24, swampdragon, mith, foot, revo, DMT...tons more, but those popped up when I started typing.

My wife was tickled when she accompanied me to Dallas for a couple of drafts one Spring, because I finally got to meet some of my "imaginary friends". She's supportive, though, since she understands the importance of the community.

Comment

I haven't met any RJ'ers in real life, after almost 10 years here.

Comment

~10 years and no meets. elD lives in ABQ and i blame myself for never getting together with him for a beer...
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Same here.....10 years on this site and I still think Steve is having a conversation with himself.
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              lemme see

DMT @ AFL
              Fresno @ AFL
              Bucky in Boston
              Jude @AFL
              Dane @AFL
              JJ @ Foley's Tout Wars party
              Lucky @ drafts
              FriarFan @ a Angels baseball game
              Doig @ many drafts
              Fly @ many drafts
              Bhob in DC
              Byron @ many drafts
              Stephen @ drafts
              LongJohn @ drafts
              Griz @ Universal studios
              Buckeye1 @ Canton
              Cardboardbox @ BoneDaddy's BBQ
              TopChuckie @ drafts
              BCBamster @drafts
              umjewboy @Foleys
              mkooljr @ Foleys
              pjs24 @ a Hooters when he was in college
              Squidward @ ToutWars
              Todd Zola @ ToutWars
              Bogart @ drafts
              Trader Mac @ drafts

I'm probably forgetting at least 2 obvious ones and for that, I apologize
              I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

I met Hammer about 7-8 years ago through this site, and he's since become one of my closer buddies. We probably chat a few times a day, and went to the RU-Cincy game on Saturday. Strange that we're the same age (almost same exact age), grew up in the same neighborhood in Brooklyn, & had many of the same friends, yet I never knew him then.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  umjewboy @Foleys
                  Sniff, sniff, did meeting my wife and I at Disneyworld mean NOTHING to you? It wasn't just Foleys

For the record, I think the best meetup was Nakedricci in NYC. We had B-Fly in a suit, me in business casual, Heyelander in casual, and Nakedricci in whatever it is that Nakedricci wears. An interesting foursome to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    He tells me this was his first face-to-face encounter with another RJ member after more than a decade on the site.

Anyone else gone that long and never had a meetup?
                    Do former members count? I have met (and played in leagues with) Eagle and ScottW, neither of whom have posted here in years, but no one who posts currently. I've been here since 1999.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewboy View Post
                      Sniff, sniff, did meeting my wife and I at Disneyworld mean NOTHING to you? It wasn't just Foleys

For the record, I think the best meetup was Nakedricci in NYC. We had B-Fly in a suit, me in business casual, Heyelander in casual, and Nakedricci in whatever it is that Nakedricci wears. An interesting foursome to say the least.
                      Foley's 1st

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                        ~10 years and no meets. elD lives in ABQ and i blame myself for never getting together with him for a beer...
                        You guys should meet up at Sadies!
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Ok, here's my list as best as I can remember, trying to go east to west

B-fly
                          BillBuckner
                          BuckyBuckner
                          Umjewboy
                          Heyelander
                          Swamp dragon
                          Long John
                          The Goat
                          DMT
                          Nakedricci
                          Igor
                          Gregg/guest
                          Gashousegang
                          ElDiablo
                          Teen wolf
                          Colette
                          PJS
                          Lord Zola
                          Dogchilde
                          Revo
                          Jude Baldo
                          The Dane
                          Friarfan

Who am I missing?
                          Last edited by Fresno Bob; 11-23-2011, 11:44 AM. Reason: DMT
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                            You should ... hey, I've met him & I live in Canada!!!
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

My list...

B-Fly
                              BillBuckner
                              Fresno Bob
                              DMT
                              Colette
                              PJS
                              Lord Zola
                              Jude Baldo
                              The Dane
                              Joncarlos
                              BigJonEmpire
                              Pirogiboy (anyone remember him from the old site? I still hang out with him from time to time)

That might be it. I've talked on the phone with Teenwolf and friarfan.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                                My list...

B-Fly
                                BillBuckner
                                Fresno Bob
                                DMT
                                Colette
                                PJS
                                Lord Zola
                                Jude Baldo
                                The Dane
                                Joncarlos
                                BigJonEmpire
                                Pirogiboy (anyone remember him from the old site? I still hang out with him from time to time)

That might be it. I've talked on the phone with Teenwolf and friarfan.
                                Go &%$@ yourself *

You really have blocked me out after the baseball season ended...

Running joke betwixt me and Adam....best email I ever got with thta phrase in it!
                                I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                                You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                                "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                                It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Working...
                                X