Child molesters....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child molesters....

Does anyone ever feel sorry for the people who abuse children? Many predators were abused themselves and this abuse has such detrimental effects on their minds that they become very sick and disturbed, leading to their molestation/abuse of children.

I am in no way ever condoning the abuse of children as I deem it to be the worst crime against humanity there is, but how would it feel if you or someone you loved was abused and it screwed them up so bad that they themselves became abusers?

Imagine being abused as a child and that abuse causing mental damage so severe to your mind that you become an abuser of children. Even though it sickens you, you cannot help it. What kind of brutal life would that be? If a pedophile/child abuser cannot ever be rehabilitated what other option exists besides death?

So what can be done to prevent the abuse of children?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

My wife delivers mail. This week she came home and told me she had an enveloped addressed to "pedophile, we are watching you."

As for empathy/sympathy/what ever, I have none when it comes to hurting children...and would beat the hell out of someone who hurts my family in this fashion.

Comment

My former brother-in-law is a convicted child molester (my sister's ex-husband). He and I have no relationship, never really did, and I feel zero sympathy for him, even though by all accounts he was molested as a boy.

I look at it like this: Just because you are attracted to some one, doesn't mean you can have sex with them. I work as a high school teacher and am surrounded by beautiful girls all day. Still, I refrain from schtuping them. Perhaps pedophiles have a more intense sexual desire... maybe... but I'm not buying it. I have no sympathy for them, because they have no self-control.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
        My former brother-in-law is a convicted child molester (my sister's ex-husband). He and I have no relationship, never really did, and I feel zero sympathy for him, even though by all accounts he was molested as a boy.

I look at it like this: Just because you are attracted to some one, doesn't mean you can have sex with them. I work as a high school teacher and am surrounded by beautiful girls all day. Still, I refrain from schtuping them. Perhaps pedophiles have a more intense sexual desire... maybe... but I'm not buying it. I have no sympathy for them, because they have no self-control.
        Don't you believe at all that being molested as a child changes the way ones' brain works? That they have no self control because their mind is damaged? I don't think child abusers are attracted per se to the children they abuse, so to compare them to you, who by all accounts have a normal functioning brain, is not really fair.

Do you think your brother-in-law would have done what he did had he not been molested?

More needs to be done as far as treating those children that get abused..as soon as possible after the abuse..to allow them to live normal lives.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          More needs to be done as far as treating those children that get abused..as soon as possible after the abuse..to allow them to live normal lives.
          Fair enough. Can't really argue with that. I have boundless sympathy for the child that WAS my brother-in-law, but the monster who sodomized a dozen (or more) boys across two states can rot in prison for all I care.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
            Fair enough. Can't really argue with that. I have boundless sympathy for the child that WAS my brother-in-law, but the monster who sodomized a dozen (or more) boys across two states can rot in prison for all I care.
            Sure he can rot in prison..all child abusers should rot in prison, or be put to death. But you do see the connection between him being abused as a child and the monster he turned into, right? I was just thinking about how horrible it would be to be a child abuser, who wanted to stop, but mental issues prevented said abuser from stopping. What a ****ed up life that would be.

Comment

I think it is possible to empathize with someone who was so badly mistreated as a child that it led to them being irrevocably 'broken.'

That said, there's a level at which said person can never be allowed to walk the streets for the rest of their lives. It's just a public safety issue.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I'd feel sorry for them as you all peeled me off them after I finished pummeling their skull in if one ever touched my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  I'd feel sorry for them as you all peeled me off them after I finished pummeling their skull in if one ever touched my kids.
                  Agreed.

But man you don't come off as a very understanding person when it comes to dealing with mental issues.

Comment

Agreed.

But man you don't come off as a very understanding person when it comes to dealing with mental issues.
                    Unless you are clinically retarded and incapable of knowing right from wrong, it doesn't take much mental capacity to know that sexual abuse on a child is one of the most wrongs of wrongs.

What disgusts me with this Penn State situation is instead of getting Sandusky help, they enabled him which exacerbated the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      Unless you are clinically retarded and incapable of knowing right from wrong, it doesn't take much mental capacity to know that sexual abuse on a child is one of the most wrongs of wrongs.

What disgusts me with this Penn State situation is instead of getting Sandusky help, they enabled him which exacerbated the situation.
                      My point is that some abusers know what they are doing is wrong, but they are so mentally whacked they cannot help themselves. and they become dangers to society.

Your point on Sandusky is what makes me feel as much contempt for those that didn't turn him in or act to stop what he was doing.

Comment

... but they are so mentally whacked they cannot help themselves. ...
                        this is the crux of the issue; people like Sandusky are obviously able to function in society, and quite successfully; as are many others who have to deal with their demons, be they gambling, alcoholism, or whatever. And while I am saddened by the situations that put these people there & agree that we as a society need to do all we can to put supporting processes in place (way more needs to be done on this front), our society is still based the concept of personal responsibility. Once a person reaches a certain age they have to consciously choose which way they are going to go. If that choice destroys their own life, that's tragic; but when they involve others, esp. children, we have to I hold them fully accountable.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I don't tend to focus on the punitive aspect of criminal law, because I do think that a lot of dangerous criminals do have aspects of their personal histories that merit some level of understanding and empathy. For me, the more relevant factors to consider are general deterrence (i.e., does our system of crime and punishment deter people from committing crimes they'd otherwise commit), specific deterrence/incapacitation (i.e., is it the best/only way to keep the specific offender from victimizing others in the future), rehabilitation (when is it possible and how is it achieved).

Comment

If you are a child molester and you know it is wrong, you should either resist your urges or kill yourself, instead of creating more broken children.
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                            X