Newbie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
    Then Newbie should be Rookie or Single A or Draft Pick or whatever. Just sayin'...
    Said the man merely on the 40-man roster!
    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
      I'll be petty however I want to be petty.
      Ok Tom

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
        Jason has been doing it as he has time.
        Yep, he's been busy, but it's my understanding he'll be updating everyone's post totals. Like eldiablo, I personally was kinda hoping he wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          I don't want my post totals updated. I prefer to start anew.
          yeah, I'll start fresh as well.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Ok Tom
            I Won't Back Down

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              Yep, he's been busy, but it's my understanding he'll be updating everyone's post totals. Like eldiablo, I personally was kinda hoping he wouldn't.
              Don't you want to impress the T-Mobile girl?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                I can understand why. Your post total is an area code.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  Well, you could be petty like TopChuckie and put your original join date in your signature.
                  That's ridiculous. I gain zero sense of self-worth from "status" on a message board. It's laughable. As I said several times, I just like to know who has been around and seen it all. I have far more interest in the history of others than I have in others knowing my history, and I have no particular interest in post totals, as you will find no examples of post padding from me, and I have even less interest in the "rankings" of newbie, on the 40-man, etc. I just like to know how long members have been around and if they are familiar with the history and the goings on around here. It's the very reason why people often state something along the lines of "I've been a lurker for a while" to establish they are familiar with the site, not to gain some sort of status or pride. I only posted mine because many were asking if post totals would be transferred over and why hadn't their totals been transferred over yet. The idea was, Jason will get to it when he gets to it, and you can just put it in your signature in the mean time. If I was being petty I would have pushed J to transfer my info, yet I haven't sent any messages to him asking when my info would be transferred or asking why has so-n-so's info been transferred and mine hasn't. I couldn't care less.

Keep working on your cyber-psychoanalysis.
                  Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

My sig lists a title-winning date before many new posters were even born. I ain't worrying about "post totals" after that, lol.

Any of us pre-2001 posters lost our post totals in June 2001 with the last epic purge. C'est le vie....
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I am surprised that people seem to really care about join date and post total. I am on here so much that I know who is a vet and who isnt. I dont need to look at their tenure. If J updates everything, great. If not, no biggie. Either way, its a great community and we are all so lucky to have each other.

wanna valentine's chocolate?
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        I am surprised that people seem to really care about join date and post total. I am on here so much that I know who is a vet and who isnt. I dont need to look at their tenure. If J updates everything, great. If not, no biggie. Either way, its a great community and we are all so lucky to have each other.

wanna valentine's chocolate?
                        Mmmmmmm, chocolate....

I'm with you on this one, having been here for a decade, I know who's been around and who hasn't. My post totals mean bupkis to me, or to anyone else...I also know when I joined, so that's pretty irrelevant as well.

People establish their bona fides in short order, having thousands of posts doesn't make you smarter, or better than anyone else. Frankly, I wouldn't be too sad if post totals and join dates were done away with altogether.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          having thousands of posts doesn't make you smarter
                          dude, if you are going to talk about me behind my back, you might want to make it a bit less obvious.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            dude, if you are going to talk about me behind my back, you might want to make it a bit less obvious.
                            I would come back with some witty retort, but i don't have enough posts...
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

I would come back with some witty retort, but i don't have enough posts...
                              It's a Catch-22, isn't it? I'll be lucky to hit double digits.

Comment

Frankly, I wouldn't be too sad if post totals and join dates were done away with altogether.
                                [Leslie Nielson mode]
                                Frankly, I wouldn't be too sad if post totals and join dates were done away with
                                [/Leslie Nielson mode]

Comment

Working...
                                X