Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy JesusWeen! (AKA A Sure Way To Get Your House Egged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy JesusWeen! (AKA A Sure Way To Get Your House Egged)

Linky: http://jesusween.com/

INDIVIDUALS can participate by giving out several Christian gifts on Oct 31st and especially when someone knocks on your door expecting candy, we prescribe you give a pocket size bible, Christian musical or teaching CD, Tracts, Poems, etc. You can also give out your used Christian books and CDs with the intent of getting new ones. GROUPS can be formed though church fellowships, cell groups, friends and colleagues. Each group of at least two people can go door to door evangelising. We do recommend very little dialogue and more focus on giving one of our recommended gift items or Christian books that you already read. You can also print posters from JesusWeen website to post in your church or local bookstore.
    No offense intended to anyone, but I get a chuckle out of the idea of little ghosts and goblins ringing the doorbell, opening up their candy bags, and getting mini-Bibles plunked in there instead of Tootsie rolls. That could make a great scene in a sit com.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Ween would be a good name for a band.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

sheep - I agree with you. If you're a Christian and dead set against Halloween, shut your lights off. If you want to live out your faith, organize something at your church and invite the community. Don't Gospel-bomb some poor kid who's out looking for candy.
      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Some Christians are way off the beam..Jesus would want to give candy to kids...
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Gospel Bomb would be a good name for a band.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

However a Gospel Bomb would be a bad thing to hand out on Halloween.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
            X