Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As the world's population hits 7 million ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As the world's population hits 7 million ...

Found this interesting graphic on showing the predicted population growth up to 2100. The staggering thing for me is the predicted population explosion all over Africa ... Nigeria fro instance is predicted to have a population of 765,000,000 by 2100 ... which is kinda scary.

With the population hitting 7bn this month the Spanish design house Bestiaro has produced this visualisation of the UN population data for us

7 billion
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

93 million living on Madagascar????!!???!!!

101 million in tiny Yemen!!!!!

Interesting numbers.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
        93 million living on Madagascar????!!???!!!
        hmmm ... a rather flippant comparison:

New Jersey: 8,721 sq. mi.
        Madagascar: 227,000 sq. mi.

New Jersey is approx. 1/25th the size of Madagascar.

New Jersey population 2010: 8.8 million
        so it seems that Madagascar could handle about 220 million people at the density New Jersey has. Mathematically speaking, anyway.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Yes, but could Madagascar handle having its own versions of Newark, Elizabeth, Paterson and Camden?
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            hmmm ... a rather flippant comparison:

New Jersey: 8,721 sq. mi.
            Madagascar: 227,000 sq. mi.

New Jersey is approx. 1/25th the size of Madagascar.

New Jersey population 2010: 8.8 million
            so it seems that Madagascar could handle about 220 million people at the density New Jersey has. Mathematically speaking, anyway.
            I guess I just think of that country of being too beautiful to expand out and kill the land and animals there.
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Eh, New Jersey is overexpanded but it still has the Pinelands. And the mountainous terrain in the northwest.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                Eh, New Jersey is overexpanded but it still has the Pinelands. And the mountainous terrain in the northwest.
                Yup not much around me after you get out of town except more and more pine trees.

Comment

Make Room! Make Room!

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    7 billion
                    If I had the power I'd fix it

Comment

Oh ... and how do we feed everyone? Just look at how rice prices jump if there is a drought or flooding occurs in a major rice growing region.

... and we have practically no control over the worlds economy ... the Ethiopia famine will be nothing compared to what will happen in the future.

Comment

All this talk about "who will be the 7 billionth baby" is giving me serious Children of Men flashbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Oh ... and how do we feed everyone? Just look at how rice prices jump if there is a drought or flooding occurs in a major rice growing region.

... and we have practically no control over the worlds economy ... the Ethiopia famine will be nothing compared to what will happen in the future.
                          soilent green.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            soilent green.
                            this time it's made from peeple
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

yes, it adds new meaning to the already legendary "I like peeples" ...
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X