Interesting concept.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting concept.

The biggest impact of the Harry Potter is...

Respect for formal education.

For the moment it is just anecdotal, but it has the right feel. This is particularly true for strictly formal, as in school uniforms and dorm living. Does anyone know of any studies that might have bearing?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    The biggest impact of the Harry Potter is...

Respect for formal education.

For the moment it is just anecdotal, but it has the right feel. This is particularly true for strictly formal, as in school uniforms and dorm living. Does anyone know of any studies that might have bearing?

J
    Pshaw. The biggest impact of Harry Potter is authors learning how valuable holding the rights to their characters is
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Not a terrible suggestion but I think the fact that it pushed the eradication of books and reading another generation away is more important.

Comment

Working...
      X