Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100 reasons classical music is awesome!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 reasons classical music is awesome!!

How many of these do you know, but had no idea of the title and composer?

Classical music. The top 100 best, famous, popular classical music of all time from movies, commercials and songs.

Especially 13, 16, 42 and 45 to name a few...
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    How many of these do you know, but had no idea of the title and composer?

Classical music. The top 100 best, famous, popular classical music of all time from movies, commercials and songs.

Especially 13, 16, 42 and 45 to name a few...
    I know most of em, not a title guy, but most of the composers. having a degree in Music helps
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Its amazing how many of these I first heard in Diesney's Fantasia.

That is an intersting list. I think every one of them has been used multiple times in commercials, TV shows, or both. I know abot 2/3 of them without cueing. #98 is a favorite, but lesser known. Verdi was not a believer, and his Funeral Mass is a grim thing. I have seen it live, and the Deus Irae from Movement 2 hits you like a load of bricks.

There are some odd things missing.
      Rachmananov's Second Piano Concerto
      Bach's Little Fugue in G Minor
      Mussorgsky/Ravel Pictures at an Exhibition

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I new a lot more titles than composers. I was bit surprised by that I knew as many as I did. Still nothing to brag about.

Comment

Working...
        X