Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else have trouble getting to the Forum this morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    I have no idea how to use a proxy server.
    actually you don't, you get someone else to do it for you.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I have no idea how to use a proxy server.
      +1...........

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        actually you don't, you get someone else to do it for you.
        well that clears that up.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

well that clears that up.
          just having a bit of fun ... a proxy server is basically a site that redirects you to a site that otherwise you wouldn't be able to get to ... think of it as a shell ... if your network admin has restricted a specific IP address or URL (e.g. www.facebook.com), then the proxy server would look like www.somethingelse.com, allowing your network to access it, but behind the scenes it's really connecting to facebook.

The problem is that most half-decent admins also block the popular free proxy server sites.

google free proxy servers - you might find one that works.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            just having a bit of fun ... a proxy server is basically a site that redirects you to a site that otherwise you wouldn't be able to get to ... think of it as a shell ... if your network admin has restricted a specific IP address or URL (e.g. www.facebook.com), then the proxy server would look like www.somethingelse.com, allowing your network to access it, but behind the scenes it's really connecting to facebook.

The problem is that most half-decent admins also block the popular free proxy server sites.

google free proxy servers - you might find one that works.
            Thanks. I know you were just goofing around

Weird thing is there was never any restrictions placed on accessing websites at my library so i still have no idea why this site just all of a sudden was blocked.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
            X