GOP asks for Buffet's tax return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOP asks for Buffet's tax return

and he shows it. now let's see if anyone on the right has the balls to release theirs.

FWIW Buffet (and these numbers are approximate) made about 62 million last year, 39 million of it was taxable he paid less than 7 million in taxes. that's what? a little more than 12% of his income? 23% of taxable income? How many of you paid more? how many of you found a way to pay less? (percentage wise).

If I remember correctly, elected officials must post their tax returns for the people to see-- maybe we should make everyone's tax return public domain and then we'd know who's really paying the freight and who's passing the buck.

And before it's asked, I'll gladly post mine if the top right leaning posters in here post theirs.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    and he shows it. now let's see if anyone on the right has the balls to release theirs.

FWIW Buffet (and these numbers are approximate) made about 62 million last year, 39 million of it was taxable he paid less than 7 million in taxes. that's what? a little more than 12% of his income? 23% of taxable income? How many of you paid more? how many of you found a way to pay less? (percentage wise).

If I remember correctly, elected officials must post their tax returns for the people to see-- maybe we should make everyone's tax return public domain and then we'd know who's really paying the freight and who's passing the buck.

And before it's asked, I'll gladly post mine if the top right leaning posters in here post theirs.
    Validation for eliminating the capital gains rate. Kennedy started it, Clinton dropped from 29% (I think) to 20% and Bush lopped another 5% off.
    Treat all income the same (or at least close to the same) and things get appreciable better.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
      Validation for eliminating the capital gains rate. Kennedy started it, Clinton dropped from 29% (I think) to 20% and Bush lopped another 5% off.
      Treat all income the same (or at least close to the same) and things get appreciable better.
      The majority of the Republican presidential candidates actually want to reduce the capital gains rate to zero.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
        The majority of the Republican presidential candidates actually want to reduce the capital gains rate to zero.
        To be fair, the President supports zero capital gains tax for small business owners, which is an equally bad idea.
        The problem with Buffet (which is what this thread was about) is that raising the individual tax rate won't have a huge effect on him, or a lot of the uber-rich, as so much of his income is capital gains investment income.
        Of the 67M he claimed, I'd be interested to know how much of it was ordinary income.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
          Of the 67M he claimed, I'd be interested to know how much of it was ordinary income.
          well, maybe warren buffet will post his tax return here in exchange for onejayhawk posting his. lol
          ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

I'd like to see Jimmy Buffet's tax return.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              I'd like to see Jimmy Buffet's tax return.
              how much does one make for selling Cheeseburgers in Paradise?
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                how much does one make for selling Cheeseburgers in Paradise?
                $2.99 for the burger plus $0.79 for the cheese. Fries are $1.49 and $1.99. I would go for the Onion Halos at $1.99.

Since this is paradise, the order is tax exempt.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                X