There are Ghosts in the machine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are Ghosts in the machine.

Ghost peppers, AKA bhut jolokias. For pepper heads (this being a point Jason and I have in common, unlike politics) the quest for a generation was a pepper hotter than habenero. The bhut jolokia (knicknamed "ghost" because of the shape) meets the challange with ease. I was wondering how long they would take to hit the shelves.

Mass market, $3.95

Some more on the pepper.

One of these days I am going to tour the Mrs. Renfro factory in Ft Worth. Maybe they give out free samples.

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 10-12-2011, 10:41 AM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I assume this is just a local product right now, J?
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

No. It is manufactured in Ft Worth Texas, but I saw it in a Supermarket ad in St Louis. It may still be a specialty item, but it is mass market, available through pepper/salsa outlets and some stores.

Also, they have a website. http://www.renfrofoods.com/SearchbyM...&BrName=Renfro

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
        I assume this is just a local product right now, J?
        They have Renfro's in Boston supermarkets. Not sure about this specific one though.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          No. It is manufactured in Ft Worth Texas, but I saw it in a Supermarket ad in St Louis. It may still be a specialty item, but it is mass market, available through pepper/salsa outlets and some stores.

Also, they have a website. http://www.renfrofoods.com/SearchbyM...&BrName=Renfro

J
          Thx J
          I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
            Thx J
            Cool. Pleased to be of service.

If you like heat, try this old faithful. Great flavor and nose running heat.

This is the bomb in asian style.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
            X