Amanda Knox cleared on appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Is that a genuine plan, or stating what he needs to say at the time?
    Oh, that's a genuine plan. After she does her book deal and Maxim spread, she better find a country that doesn't have extradition to Italy next.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

The CBS Show "48 Hours Mystery" ran an update last night that seemed to strongly suggest that she had nothing to do with the murder. The portrait was of a very religious prosecutor who was convinced that college-age kids are up to all sorts of occult doings, but that Knox was with her boyfriend elsewhere at the time of the murder. The DNA evidence was of a foreign criminal with no apparent ties to Knox or the boyfriend, from what the show claimed, at least. I didn't know anything about the case beyond what this show claims, though.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

... and they have just reversed the decision, and increased Knox's sentence to 28 years.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          ... and they have just reversed the decision, and increased Knox's sentence to 28 years.
          WTF? What is going on over there?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            WTF? What is going on over there?
            :shrug:

You gotta have a lot of sympathy with the family of the victim. The Italian's have made such a botch of this case that they will never likely know what actually happened to their daughter.

The 4-way murder-sex orgy theory is ridiculous.

Comment

:shrug:

You gotta have a lot of sympathy with the family of the victim. The Italian's have made such a botch of this case that they will never likely know what actually happened to their daughter.

The 4-way murder-sex orgy theory is ridiculous.
              It's amazing how the whole thing just keeps getting more ridiculous. Now this poor girl has to be worried about traveling abroad. I have to think the US will refuse any extradition requests, but can she really trust other countries?

Comment

say, who's the dude who started this thread anyway ... has name looks vaguely familiar ...
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

But she'll likely never serve another day in jail thanks to double jeopardy:
                  "It is unlikely that Knox, who lives in Seattle, Washington, will return to Italy to serve additional prison time because U.S. law dictates that a person cannot be tried twice on the same charge, a legal expert told CNN. He believes that if Italy were to ask for extradition, U.S. officials would deny the request."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    But she'll likely never serve another day in jail thanks to double jeopardy:
                    "It is unlikely that Knox, who lives in Seattle, Washington, will return to Italy to serve additional prison time because U.S. law dictates that a person cannot be tried twice on the same charge, a legal expert told CNN. He believes that if Italy were to ask for extradition, U.S. officials would deny the request."
                    Was she tried twice? I thought they merely quashed the successful appeal.

I haven't been in a position to follow the story today, so I'm really not sure.

Comment

Was she tried twice? I thought they merely quashed the successful appeal.

I haven't been in a position to follow the story today, so I'm really not sure.
                      She was initially convicted, but the verdict was overturned on appeals.

Comment

"Italy does not consider this being tried more than once for the same crime, but to be stages in one legal process"

But I guess if the US don't want to extradite her, they could use DJ as a convenient excuse.

Comment

Can we give them Justin Bieber instead?
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            It's amazing how the whole thing just keeps getting more ridiculous. Now this poor girl has to be worried about traveling abroad. I have to think the US will refuse any extradition requests, but can she really trust other countries?
                            She'd be a fool to leave the country now. I agree that the US will refuse extradition - it'll play well politically if we flip Italy the bird on this case - but other countries will almost certainly see it differently.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              She'd be a fool to leave the country now. I agree that the US will refuse extradition - it'll play well politically if we flip Italy the bird on this case - but other countries will almost certainly see it differently.
                              can you imagine the anger in the US if the roles were reversed?

If she wasnt convicted in a bugs bunny court I'd say send her back to Italy. But she was so I'm not sure extradition is even an option.

The prosecution completely changed their case, pretty much admitting they were wrong the first time but desperately want to convict.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                              X