Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Thanks Hammer.

It's another tough decision whether or not to get another dog (or two) after going through such pain. One of the library Board members just lost her beloved dog and i was talking to her this past week about it. She was so adamant on not ever getting another dog as losing a pet was just too much for her to ever go through again.
    I thought that too but after a few months the kids wanted one and 2 is actually easier as the play with each other a lot and occupy each other.

The jack russell is so smart. When my wife comes in the bedroom to put them in their cages, she goes under the covers to hide.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      I thought that too but after a few months the kids wanted one and 2 is actually easier as the play with each other a lot and occupy each other.

The jack russell is so smart. When my wife comes in the bedroom to put them in their cages, she goes under the covers to hide.
      My 82 year old uncle with diabetes and neuropathy in his leg has a jack russell. He insisted that he wanted one about a year ago when his other dog died and no one could talk him out of it. He tells us the dog is nice and quiet, but when i visit him that dog is out of control!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

My 82 year old uncle with diabetes and neuropathy in his leg has a jack russell. He insisted that he wanted one about a year ago when his other dog died and no one could talk him out of it. He tells us the dog is nice and quiet, but when i visit him that dog is out of control!
        a bit hyper but thats where the second dog comes in. They play in the yard together or I take them to the park. They need to get that energy out.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I got home about 15 minutes ago and my dog has not moved from where she has been laying the whole time i've been home. Not good
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

sorry to hear. btw, what's her name?
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Sounds like you were there at the end for the cat. Just do the same with your dog. I like to think that by being there and petting them at the end it helps ease their pain and lets them know they are loved.

Comment

Her name is GeeGee. She's the dog in my avatar.

I just got back from the vet where GeeGee was put to sleep.

Sad day indeed in my house.

Comment

She's better off and other cliches. Sad for you Mith.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Sorry to hear
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Sorry, Mith.

A year or so ago we lost our Irish Setter, Sugar, who had been with us since December, 1993. She was nearly 18, a very long life, according to the vet.

People who love their animals know what you are going through, and we feel for you.

Comment

Sorry Mith.
                          Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Thanks guys...

Comment

Sorry to hear this Dave.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

A very sad day indeed. I am sorry for your loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X