Official Super Bowl Commericial thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
    Yahoo has an article that says it was the worst halftime show in years. Of course, being in China I missed everything. I could have gone at 6 AM and pay $30 but it just wasn't worth it.
    It certainly wasn't worth $30, but I really thought it was pretty good. So I was very surprised to see all the negative comments. Maybe I just have lower expectations -- I mean, it's a mini-show that you have to set up, perform, and then tear down in 20 minutes. No sound checks, no band on stage with you, lots of pressure. You have to judge them on that basis, and not on the basis of a standard show.
    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
      It certainly wasn't worth $30, but I really thought it was pretty good. So I was very surprised to see all the negative comments. Maybe I just have lower expectations -- I mean, it's a mini-show that you have to set up, perform, and then tear down in 20 minutes. No sound checks, no band on stage with you, lots of pressure. You have to judge them on that basis, and not on the basis of a standard show.
      You hand-wringing ninnies are always grading on the curve
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
        You hand-wringing ninnies are always grading on the curve
        Dammit, now I have to worry about you taking shots at me! More hand-wringing!
        “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
        -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          C'mon, the best commercial was easily whatever movie that was showing Brooklyn Decker's amazing bouncing boobies.
          Damn, I missed that one. What was it for?

I really enjoyed the Audi commercial. And honestly, the House promo when he threw his cane to the kid (ala Mean Joe Greene) might have been the 2nd best.

Comment

Here is the People.com article with certain links to commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
              I get that but if that's the basis then get a friggin clue and lip sync it. They sounded absolutely terrible and it wasn't just the poor sound, it was them. They looked ridiculous and the BEP themselves lacked any energy which is ironic considering how much energy the rest of the performers out there had. I don't know in what universe that was a good show and quite honestly I'm amazed to hear anyone saying as much.

Comment

I think I would prefer marching bands and skip the completely out of character half time show.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                  I liked the Chrysler/Detroit commercial. Having been there recently, I'd love to see Detroit get back on its feet.
                  I thought that was the best commercial. It made me feel American!
                  I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Normally I switch to the Puppy Bowl during halftime but some of the girls at my party were big BEP fans and went nuts when Usher showed up. I was in complete agony since I can't stand that music and the whole thing was just plain ridiculous.

As for commercials, I don't remember any being particularly good though I wasn't paying close attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                      I thought that was the best commercial. It made me feel American!
                      Speaking of which...can someone tell me why they were reciting the Declaration of Independence before the game? I missed the intro, so maybe that explained why. It just seemed a little out of place before a football game to me.

Comment

I'd have to go within categories and grade on a scale, since nothing jumped out at me as great. In the soda category, I think Pepsi definitely was better than Coke for a lot lower production cost. Chrysler won the domestic car group with its ode to Detroit. I think Audi won the foreign luxury car group over Mercedes and BMW. Even though it wasn't anything new, I think Snickers was funnier than Doritos, which I just found kind of gross, in the snack food category.

Comment

How about the ARod/Cameron Diaz? About as entertaining as most of the commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                            How about the ARod/Cameron Diaz? About as entertaining as most of the commercials.
                            It would have been better to see W putting popcorn in John Madden's mouth, but yeah, that was pretty entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                            X