Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

exceelent reads (aka what are you reading?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
    About 20% through Let the Great World Spin by Collum McCann. Very engrossing so far, we'll see where it goes.
    I'm betting on 80%

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
      I'm betting on 80%
      Who agreed to let him keep the Midnight Otter alias?

Comment

About 20% through Let the Great World Spin by Collum McCann. Very engrossing so far, we'll see where it goes.
        Several people I know have read it and can't recommend it enough.

Comment

Who agreed to let him keep the Midnight Otter alias?
          Let ?

Comment

I just started Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10 by Marcus Luttrell.

So far it is great and makes me thankful for heroic people.

Comment

At my request, Alice just ordered "Winter's Bone" on her kindle (or whatever it is I got her at Christmas). I've been reading some non-fiction on the history of the blues. My next purchase will probably be the paperback version of "Nightly News". I know it would be better in the original, but I imagine that is prohibitively expensive.

It's hard for me to read for pleasure. I can't get out of the habit of reading like each book is a brief or a court decision, striving for 100% comprehension and 100% retention. It takes me forever to read a novel.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
                I'm betting on 80%
                Way to ruin it for me!

Finished tonight and it was awesome.

Moving on to Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survivial, Resilience and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand, author of Seabiscuit. Anybody tackled this one yet?

Comment

I've got my Kindle going and I'm really liking it. I started reading a book from 1910 about a journalist who walks across China. Fairly interesting so far. It was a free download so I wasn't losing anything by trying it out.
                  拖裤子,
                  放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Working...
                  X