X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Byron View Post
    Guess I misunderstood.
    most people misunderstand me on this site
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I don't even get why people watch "Saw XLV" or other similar movies, either.

But if the tradeoff is people also not questioning my right to publish embarrassing facts about important public servants, either - yes, I accept that deal.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

KO off a front kick...wild. Pretty embarassing for Belfort, too.

And Jon Jones simply dismantled Bader. I thought he'd win, but not that easily.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          most people misunderstand me on this site
          Not so much anymore. Your schtick just took some of us longer to "get it".

Comment

I meant within the rules of the sport.

Did I say I didn't like the sport anywhere in this thread? Did you just assume I don't enjoy MMA because of my questions?

For the record I have watched some of the fights and probably will watch in the future. I'm not immune to enjoying a good fight, although I think it is a bit absurd.
            If you look within and answer why you are not immune to enjoying a good fight, you will understand why others do as well.

I have never seen any of these fights and have not watched boxing since the late 70's. Yet I would enjoy the experience of a front row seat to see either one live.

Getting hurt is part of the process. I do not think anyone wants permanent damage and certainly not death.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              KO off a front kick...wild. Pretty embarassing for Belfort, too.
              what an amazing KO , no shame there for Belfort

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                Not so much anymore. Your schtick just took some of us longer to "get it".
                I have a schtick??
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I have a schtick??
                  I hope it is

Comment

Originally posted by HellToupee View Post
                    what an amazing KO , no shame there for Belfort
                    Hey, HT!! Good to have you back. I hope you do movie reviews...

To lose on a front kick..ouch. I mean, that's a very, very basic karate block. Kudos to Silva for working on a series of different strikes for Belfort - I've never seen Silva use an offensive front kick before.

Comment

Silva has killer Muay Thai. It is hard to block a teep aimed at your face bro. Especially with Silva's quickness. Besides in Muay Thai the teep is almost always used as a defensive measure and to gauge the distance between you and your opponent. It is also aimed at the chest or midsection so Belfort was clearly not expecting it on his mug.

Hey, HT!! Good to have you back. I hope you do movie reviews...

To lose on a front kick..ouch. I mean, that's a very, very basic karate block. Kudos to Silva for working on a series of different strikes for Belfort - I've never seen Silva use an offensive front kick before.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                        Silva has killer Muay Thai. It is hard to block a teep aimed at your face bro. Especially with Silva's quickness. Besides in Muay Thai the teep is almost always used as a defensive measure and to gauge the distance between you and your opponent.
                        Yup - that's how I've seen Silva use the front kick in the past, and typically at the body. Maybe he'll call the offensive front kick the "Segall".

Comment

UFC 128...uh, this Jones guy is pretty good, no? Wow. Miller keeps winning, too.

Comment

UFC 128...uh, this Jones guy is pretty good, no? Wow. Miller keeps winning, too.
                            I was shocked how he completely dismantled Shogun . JJ has freakish talent & all but I thought Shogun's experience was going to be his trump card

Comment

Working...
                            X