Directv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directv

So I just called Directv to see what they can do about reducing my bill. I didnt realize I was being charged $320 for the football package. So after letting them know the great deals FIOS is running I got

$30 off for the next 6 months
    $20 off the football package to-go service that lets you watch online or on your mobile device.
    a free HD/DVR box for my living room ($100 value)
    1 free internet package which allows me to access their free on demand content

What a happy day!!!!
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

We have two big companies over here ... Sky and Virgin. My brother-in-law phones up once per year, threatens to switch to sky, and gets the latest equipment and offers reserved for new customers

Comment

I have pulled this a couple times to get a 20% discount on my cable tv / internet with Rogers. At some point I will cancel cable and go to unlimited internet access as friends have done. Rogers must know if they lose me, they probably won't get me back.

Recently I did it with Bell and got cal answer / display thrown in for free on a 3 yr smart phone contract. The last time I was told I was being referred to their "retention department". They might as well have said "Please hold for Monty Hall".

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        So I just called Directv to see what they can do about reducing my bill. I didnt realize I was being charged $320 for the football package. So after letting them know the great deals FIOS is running I got

$30 off for the next 6 months
        $20 off the football package to-go service that lets you watch online or on your mobile device.
        a free HD/DVR box for my living room ($100 value)

What a happy day!!!!
        Please tell me about the great deals Fios is running so I can do the same. Just saw my latest bill is over $150 (and I don't have any movie channels)

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
          Please tell me about the great deals Fios is running so I can do the same. Just saw my latest bill is over $150 (and I don't have any movie channels)
          I have no idea about what FIOS is running but the hear FIOS and they pull out the discount menu. Tell them your neighbor is getting the NFL ticket at $160 and free showtimne and free HD. Ask if that possible and tell em giddyap.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I thought the NFL Ticket was free for everyone this fall if you joined or was on DirectTV?

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
              I thought the NFL Ticket was free for everyone this fall if you joined or was on DirectTV?
              it looks like it is only free for new customers. from the DirecTV website:

Get Your Own NFL Deal - 2011 NFL SUNDAY TICKET™
              Now Included at No Extra Charge.^
              With activation of qualifying packages only. 2-yr agreement required. New approved customers only. Offer ends 10/5/11
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

What is this one? They gave you something that was already free? I haven't bothered with their on demand cause there isn't much to choose from and you have to download it before you watch it which is kind of cumbersome for someone as lazy as I am.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I was told that there is something that needs to be set up to my wireless router. I was then told if I push 1 before the channel (like 1248 for FX) I will get older content thats available on demand. I get it Friday. I will let you know my thoughts.

Comment

I was told that there is something that needs to be set up to my wireless router. I was then told if I push 1 before the channel (like 1248 for FX) I will get older content thats available on demand. I get it Friday. I will let you know my thoughts.
                    I never knew about that. Please let us know about it.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

i cut partial ties with the cable 2 years ago when my 99.99 triple play deal ended and they tried to charge me 150 bucks. i cut down to 60 bucks for basic cable and internet and got magic jack for phone. got an HDMI cable and use internet for TV and mostly use justintv.com. which is way better than cable since they show great movies. there's a sci-fi guy that plays a lot of great stuff and of course there are pirated movie channels like rise of the planet of the apes. the new movies play the next day but the channel eventually gets removed.

but i do miss sports and animal planet. sometimes i try to hit up espn 3 for baseball. there are no pirated sports stuff on the internet.

Comment

That's why I hate Directv. I canceled them after 10 yrs because I got tired of watching new people get everything and being charged crazy $$ any time I wanted something new or having to do all of the work to convince them to keep me.

I switched to Brighthouse -- I don't need the Sunday Ticket. I have my NCAA football and that's all I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          That's why I hate Directv. I canceled them after 10 yrs because I got tired of watching new people get everything and being charged crazy $$ any time I wanted something new or having to do all of the work to convince them to keep me.
                          I just got hooked back up with Direct TV. I told them this time I would only sign back up if they would do a pole mount with no extra charge. They asked why and I said because I switch back and forth every two years since Direct TV, Dish Network and my local cable company all punish loyalty and reward what I'm doing. Until they pull their collective heads out of their *sses...well, I told them I want no more holes on the side of my house. Also doing it this way, I get the latest equipment and best prices every two years. They are all clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                            I just got hooked back up with Direct TV. I told them this time I would only sign back up if they would do a pole mount with no extra charge. They asked why and I said because I switch back and forth every two years since Direct TV, Dish Network and my local cable company all punish loyalty and reward what I'm doing. Until they pull their collective heads out of their *sses...well, I told them I want no more holes on the side of my house. Also doing it this way, I get the latest equipment and best prices every two years. They are all clueless.
                            The whole contract thing drives me nuts as well. I could cancel my cable right now and switch but when I switched 4 months ago, it was because they wanted to charge me $200 for a HD/DVR. I canceled and suddenly they were willing to give it to me for free if I didn't cancel. I told them to shove it up their ass sideways and hung up.

Comment

I think that the lockout really hit DirectTV hard. I had NO idea what I was paying for the Ticket, since I've had it so long...I was amazed to see it was 320 bucks. I called to cancel and was given no incentive to stick with it...no offers for a cut rate, no, movie channels, nada. All I got was a rep thanking me for being such a loyal customer...dumbass.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X