RIP Jack Layton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Jack Layton

Leader of the opposition in our federal government passed away this morning.
    Leader of the New Democratic party he leaves behind a wife, 2 daughters and a grad daughter.

One thing I truly admire about Jack is that when the mud slinging would begin, there was a line he wouldn't cross when it came to personal attacks. The other leaders act like most every politician but Jack always seemed just a tad more honourable.

RIP Jack.

yeah, a sad day up here in Canada. 61 years old, just took his party from relative obscurity to being the official opposition based on a platform of social justice.

You know a man is respected when our business-oriented papers open with sentences like this:

Originally posted by The Globe & Mail
    Jack Layton’s passing leaves a hole in the moral centre of Canadian political life.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

One of the few politicians I would believe he meant it when if he said "head or gut" - i'd know it wasn't going to end up balls or between the shoulder blades.

Comment

Working...
      X