Spotify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotify

Ok, so I leapt before I looked and set up a $9.99p/m Spotify account-- the catalog is amazing so no regrets. I do wonder, though, if anyone here can talk me through some fo the basics-- does it have a "Pandora" thing where it suggests music based on what I'm listening to? How do I set up play lists, etc?

Thanks.

BTW, have 4 invites if anyone wants.
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
    Ok, so I leapt before I looked .....
    YOU?

Now I'm completely plwoed at the moment as a reuslt of my neighbor comign back from Japan tonight and giving me a dammed waterlglass of %&^&$*%^( aprciot soju to drink without tellign me that the %&^* is 180 proof, so my frame of mnid mitght be a bit off-- nobody should be thid drunk off of somethinf that tastes like aprico9ts... but waht do odds means whenh you can';t figure out the qusetion. We don';t undrerstand the universe, so putting odds onn things that occur within it is what....? Stupid. Just not a good idea, it isn';t. Dumb and bad too do whath you don't knoww about. Silly, like not smart from sdmart enough people. - Bob Kohm

Comment

I've got the free version and I'm really happy with it. I haven't seen any kind of recommendation things though.

If you pull up an album and play the first song, it will play the rest for you... but it won't do that from a search result.

You can "star" a song by right-clicking and then it will be on your "starred" playlist. You can also create new playlists - the drag-and-drop stuff is a lot like iTunes

Comment

Ok, so I leapt before I looked and set up a $9.99p/m Spotify account-- the catalog is amazing so no regrets. I do wonder, though, if anyone here can talk me through some fo the basics-- does it have a "Pandora" thing where it suggests music based on what I'm listening to? How do I set up play lists, etc?

Thanks.

I'll take an invite if you've still got one
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I like the free version on my desktop but you have to pay to get anything on your mobile devices. It's like Limewire to me music wise but I am really liking what is available.

Comment

Is the main difference from Pandora the fact you can create your own playlists and search from a wider selection?

If anyone has an extra invite, I'd love to check it out - shoot me a PM and I'll send you any info you may need.

Comment

Would love an invite, BK...thx
              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Working...
              X