Shameless Self-Promotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shameless Self-Promotion

I thought I'd pop in for some shameless self promotion. I've been hit or miss on the boards this summer due to lots happening on my film projects schedule. This last week has been especially busy with stuff. I had 2 films (a feature: BEVERLY LANE, and a short: LEAH NOT LEIA) screening at the GenCon convention last weekend and my entry in the 48-hour Film Project (which was filmed a week ago) also premiering last Saturday. Our entry: READY TO SETTLE was voted Audience Choice Winner for the Indianapolis region as the fan-favorite.

I'm pretty proud of the production. It's fairly solid, especially for a film that went from conceptulalization, to finished script, to cohesive cast/crew, to filming, to editing, to finished competition-ready piece in less than 48 hours.

We drew "Film de Femme" (strong/empowering female lead) as our genre, We had to use the character "Jolene Taylor/lawyer", the prop: an orange, and the line: "I would prefer not to." in the film.

Anyway, if you have a spare 5 mins, give our little film a view.
    -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

How'd you manage to get into character on such a quick turnaround?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      How'd you manage to get into character on such a quick turnaround?
      it was a stretch, but I got it done.

When you're a character actor, you get typed a lot. Especially in indie film where having a usable wardrobe is attractive to filmmakers.
      -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

It amuses me how many RJers have been in movies.
        I don't think I have any friends past or present, or family members, or really anyone outside of RJ who I have known who have been in a movie. At all. Or directed one or produced one (wait, I know one guy who produced one).

But I can think of at least a half-dozen in this little community.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

That was like watching 3 Zoosk commercials without the violence.

Comment

Working...
          X