Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever happened to? thread (RJ edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to? thread (RJ edition)

Controller Jacobs

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Controller Jacobs
    Probably wherever heyelander dumps the bodies of his other victims.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

We traded him for the return of PaleoMan.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        and ... ????

just kidding, I find Paleoman's posts very entertaining.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          Who approved that trade?

Comment

Who approved that trade?
            Controller Jacobs
            “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
            -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

You picked a bad day to quit abalone.

Comment

Originally posted by Igor View Post
                You picked a bad day to quit abalone.
                Well done, sir.
                “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Hey, is Paul Sporer (pjs24) still around? I see him on Facebook quite a bit...but I don't remember seeing him post here as much.

Hey, just my concern.

Gris

Comment

Paul is a busy dude writing for the Pirates blog on ESPN Sweetspot with John Franco and doing roto work at rotohardball on SB Nation. I just sent him your note on IM to get his back in here more often

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                      Hey, is Paul Sporer (pjs24) still around? I see him on Facebook quite a bit...but I don't remember seeing him post here as much.

Hey, just my concern.

Gris
                      I appreciate the concern!! Here I am. Jason nailed it, I have been going hard on the writing this summer which has turned me into a mostly just a lurker at the site. I will remedy that.

Comment

Who approved that trade?
                        Are you saying it should be vetoed? You know what veto means, don't you Derek?
                        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                          Are you saying it should be vetoed? You know what veto means, don't you Derek?
                          Don't jink it!
                          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                            Don't jink it!
                            Whatever happened to baldgriff?
                            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                              Whatever happened to baldgriff?
                              Sheep, sheep, sheep...now why do you have questions.

I can assure you baldgriff is alive and kicking. I just had dinner with him last week.

The last year for him has been a whirlwind, as I am sure you remember him sharing on the old site. Moved out last October, divorced this March.

His work has blocked RJ so he's unable to access during the day. I did tell him to stop by and say hello.
                              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Working...
                              X