answer me these questions three - 7/31/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• answer me these questions three - 7/31/2011

1 - if you were a young cassius clay preparing for your first professional fight in 1960, and your future self from 2011 returned to show you your boxing career, and then what you become in retirement, would you continue with your boxing career, knowing how everything would unfold?

2 - if you were only going to be served only one dish every meal for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

3 - if you lived in the old west, how do you think you would have made your living?
    ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

1) Yes, because I'd still be The Greatest.

2) Ribeye steak cooked on the grill with a monster salad and a Diet Coke with lemon.

3) I'd likely be a gunslinger.

Comment

1 - if you were a young cassius clay preparing for your first professional fight in 1960, and your future self from 2011 returned to show you your boxing career, and then what you become in retirement, would you continue with your boxing career, knowing how everything would unfold? YES

2 - if you were only going to be served only one dish every meal for the rest of your life, what would you choose? Rotisserie chicken

3 - if you lived in the old west, how do you think you would have made your living? as the opening act for the main entertainment at the saloon. I'd have no other skills there.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

1) Definitely, being old sucks anyway, who cares if it comes along with a crappy disease

2) Chorizo and egg burrito

3) Probably some sort of banker

Comment

1) Of course.

2) If it has to be only a dish, pizza. Few dishes are anything closed to a balanced diet. Pizza is one of the few.

3) Railroad manager.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

1. Yes, but retire and stay retired after the third Frazier fight. (That would have cut off about 10 subsequent fights, including the bruiser with Shavers.)

2. Baked chicken and veggie mix (steamed broccoli, snap peas and carrots) with a glass of red wine.

3. Newspaper reporter and author of dime novels.
            “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
            -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

1 - if you were a young cassius clay preparing for your first professional fight in 1960, and your future self from 2011 returned to show you your boxing career, and then what you become in retirement, would you continue with your boxing career, knowing how everything would unfold?

Yup, I think I would. I think most people would.

2 - if you were only going to be served only one dish every meal for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

How specific is this? Can I say pizza and then have chicken pizza one night, red pepper pizza the next night, and sausage pizza the next?

3 - if you lived in the old west, how do you think you would have made your living?

I would have been a rancher. Lots of land and cattle.

Comment

1. Yep, but as has been said before, retire earlier....

2. Sushi

3. I'd run a store
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

1) Yes, but this one was not a slam dunk for me.

2) Pizza

3) Sherriff

Comment

While I like Wonderboy's thought process about retiring earlier, I am guessing that was not the intent of the original question. I am assuming that the intent is would his career be worth the Parkinsens?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      While I like Wonderboy's thought process about retiring earlier, I am guessing that was not the intent of the original question. I am assuming that the intent is would his career be worth the Parkinsens?
                      If it's a yes or no with no modification, I'd lean yes but agree completely with you that it would no longer be a slam dunk.
                      “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                      -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

1 - YES

2 - Fettucine Alfredo with shrimp. Yes, that would probably kill me early, but why would I want to live a long life if I had to eat the same thing at every meal?

3 - Bartender.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

1. Yes. I would know that my exploits in the ring have made me the most recognizable person on Earth and has helped me impact other areas that I care about.

2. Lasagna, with garlic bread stick, tossed salad and chocolate raspberry torte with Diet Coke.

3. Alien Hunter. (okay, something for real...I'd be a store owner)
                          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Hey!! If we get to pick a meal rather than a dish. I am going with Chinese Buffett!
                            Last edited by Gregg; 08-01-2011, 11:55 AM.

Comment

1. I have no idea

2. Burgers....mmmmmm.....burgers

3. I'd only have lasted about 10 minutes in the old west anyway....

Comment

Working...
                              X