No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a lot I'm excited to see with the new season.

Show's I'll give a try
    1) Homeland - I'm actually excited about this one
    2) Person of Interest - Sounds like a retread idea but the cast and JJ Abrams has me intrigued.
    3) Terranova - curious but not particularly hopeful
    4) Prime Suspect - Eh, maybe filler.
    5) Unforgettable - She's hot, but also looks like it's been covered a few times before.
    6) Ringer - Looks interesting maybe, but CW so probably not.
    7) Grimm - Kind of curious here. Sounds like what Supernatural started out as.

Returning shows I'm most excited about:
    1) Supernatural
    2) Fringe
    3) House
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I'm with you on Homeland... I loved the last show Damian Lewis was in (Life...he was Charlie Crews, piecing together the frame that put him in prison). That was a great show...
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Life was a fantastic show. The story arc was always kind of muddled but I thought the characters, music and individual episode story lines were great.

Comment

• when the hell are the new seasons of Dexter and Mad Men starting??

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            when the hell are the new seasons of Dexter and Mad Men starting??
            Dexter: Season Premiere: Sun, Oct 2 at 9 PM ET/PT
            Mad Men: Looks like March 2012 - http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/amc-...2012-premiere/

Comment

• I am looking forward to return of Justified the most. It has become my favorite television show.

I still get a laugh out of Rules of Engagement, Big Bang, and Funniest Home Videos.

Supernatural is a fun ride and we don't miss it.

I can't believe Criminal Minds is already in it's 6th season. I look forward to it as well.

I am not sure about the new shows yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                I'm with you on Homeland... I loved the last show Damian Lewis was in (Life...he was Charlie Crews, piecing together the frame that put him in prison). That was a great show...
                I started watching Life, got about 5 episodes in, then heard it had been cancelled. I didn't bother continuing after that.

Homeland is intriguing

Terranova looks looks like one of those shows that will be filled full of formulaic plastic characters, and stupid unbelievable storylines (Falling Skies). The women will always look hot and groomed, and the men will have every hair in place ... despite crawling through the jungle for days. I really want to like this show ... but I think it's gonna be more Jericho than Rubicon if you know what I mean.

Finished the first 2 seasons of Treme ... once you acclimatise yourself with the pace of the series, it's terrific. Some great characters. I don't think it returns until the Spring however.

Returning shows:

Boardwalk Empire (Sep 25)
                House (final season?)
                The Waking Dead (Oct 16)
                Dexter (Oct 2)
                American Dad

Mad Men (back in March I think)

Is anyone watching Hung? Any good?
                Last edited by johnnya24; 09-13-2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  I am looking forward to return of Justified the most. It has become my favorite television show.

I still get a laugh out of Rules of Engagement, Big Bang, and Funniest Home Videos.

Supernatural is a fun ride and we don't miss it.

I can't believe Criminal Minds is already in it's 6th season. I look forward to it as well.

I am not sure about the new shows yet.
                  I love Rules of Engagement..moved to Saturday night this year WTF???
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Forgot about Hell On Wheels (Nov 6):

Watch the latest full episodes and video extras for AMC shows: The Walking Dead, Better Call Saul, Killing Eve, Fear the Walking Dead, Mad Men and more.

I don't think I have enough time to watch all these

Comment

• Ok I watch an unhealthy amount of TV and abuse my DVR like no other. Anyway I have been writing a fall tv preview for people at work and friends for a few years. Some of the comments here will make no sense, but take a look if you like it is a google doc...

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                        Ok I watch an unhealthy amount of TV and abuse my DVR like no other. Anyway I have been writing a fall tv preview for people at work and friends for a few years. Some of the comments here will make no sense, but take a look if you like it is a google doc...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US
                        Get out much?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Get out much?
                          3 kids man, 3 kids.

Comment

3 kids man, 3 kids.
                            How's that waste-line?

Comment

Ok I watch an unhealthy amount of TV and abuse my DVR like no other. Anyway I have been writing a fall tv preview for people at work and friends for a few years. Some of the comments here will make no sense, but take a look if you like it is a google doc...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US
                              Castle didn't even make your list?!? Pretty light fare but the lead guy (Nathan Fillion) is real slick and Stana Katic is smoking hot. Yes, yes I know.

As a new father, I'll probably check out Up All Night. I've tried a few eps of a few of your other sit-com recs but I just haven't laughed much during most of them (HIMYM, BBT, Office). Modern Family seems pretty good but I need to go back to the beginning first. I don't have AMC (stupid Dish Network) but I'll look forward to hearing the reviews on their new one. I disagree about The Killing, though. It really lost it about 1/2 way through and that ending was just a deal-breaker for me. I still have to see season 1 of The Waking Dead but my sis burned it for me.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I stuck with True Blood after that painfully bad opener and although it thankfully got better it has gotten worse every single season.

Breaking Bad is by far the best show IMO. This season hasn't been as fantastically awesome as last season but it is still excellent and just this week we saw the beginning of the end.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X