Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
    Don't you guys live in America? Why would you need a VPN? It is a necessity when living in China.
    Fresno borrows the BBC iPlayer's UK feed.

I can do the same thing with Netflix USA using my UK account. Better movies on the US version, and certain TV series. The UK Netflix had exclusive streaming of Breaking Bad in the UK. They did some cinema promos for the final series, and BB looked awesome on the big screen.

Comment

Don't you guys live in America? Why would you need a VPN? It is a necessity when living in China.
      Sherlock isn't going to be shown in the US until next weekend. Fresno's wife was being impatient.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        So you have just watch Ozimandias? I watched that episode again this afternoon coincidentally.

Series 3 of Sherlock was excellent.

Homeland is about to turn into 24.
        no, I watched all three episodes of Sherlock Series 3, which I thought was the best season of them all. Just finished Breaking Bad, super great, but the ending of "The Shield" I still think is better.
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Sherlock isn't going to be shown in the US until next weekend. Fresno's wife was being impatient.
          yep, we've also already seen the whole season of Downton Abbey, which I think just started in the US last week. HYA (Hide My Ass) VPN, 10 bucks a month I think, gets around MLB blackouts too, since I'm in London and all...
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Using a VPN in China really affects video streaming. Usually it is unbearable to watch American sites like Hulu. Thankfully, there are Chinese sites that show American shows in English.
            拖裤子,
            放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              yep, we've also already seen the whole season of Downton Abbey, which I think just started in the US last week. HYA (Hide My Ass) VPN, 10 bucks a month I think, gets around MLB blackouts too, since I'm in London and all...
              I use the Mediahint plugin for free (in fact I only use Firefox for browsing Netflix USA).

Comment

• I just wait for the dvd.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  no, I watched all three episodes of Sherlock Series 3, which I thought was the best season of them all. Just finished Breaking Bad, super great, but the ending of "The Shield" I still think is better.
                  We just got a Smart TV and The Shield is on Amazon Prime, so we're going to start it...after we finish Downton Abbey.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• True Detective has me hooked already. Great opening salvo. Really interesting characters.

Comment

• Some other new shows:

Black Sails and Helix ... lasted about 30 minutes with each, then abandoned them. Black Sails is a Starz Spartacus style Pirate series without the wit, dialogue and edge of Spartacus. The guy playing Long John Silver is rubbish ... looks like an Aussie beach bum ... probably is an Aussie beach bum. I turned off when they threw in a ridiculous pointless gratuitous sex scene. Is this what they replaced Boss with?

Helix is a about a deadly disease and the Arctic research team trying to combat it, with cardboard cut out Hollywood characters. If I see another series were the husband and estranged ex wife are thrown together to save the day I'll ... I'll ... I'll ... be mildly pissed off.

I'll keep tabs on both and see if the reviews make it worth returning to. I think a lot of people will like Black Sails ...

The Assets on the other hand was very good. If you liked Rubicon, you'll like this. It's only a 6 or 7 part mini-series about real life events, so at least you won't invest time only to see it cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        True Detective has me hooked already. Great opening salvo. Really interesting characters.
                        +1

and I've got the first Assets taped but haven't watched it yet.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• 2nd show of Intelligence was good. Going to stick with it.
                          拖裤子,
                          放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

• in other news, "How I Met Your Mother" writers apparently have been kidnapped and replaced by joyless aliens from a depressing planet. they're putting the "awe" in "awful final seasons."
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

2nd show of Intelligence was good. Going to stick with it.
                              We haven't watched the second one yet. I like the concept of the updated 6 million Dollar Man. I have to say I was very disappointed in the acting. I have enjoyed these actors in other things and the first go around was terrible. I am hoping it gets better or I will not stick with it.

Justified and Person of Interest remain my two favorite shows with the Mentalist coming in 3rd.

Big Bang is still funny and my favorite sitcom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                We haven't watched the second one yet. I like the concept of the updated 6 million Dollar Man. I have to say I was very disappointed in the acting. I have enjoyed these actors in other things and the first go around was terrible. I am hoping it gets better or I will not stick with it.

Justified and Person of Interest remain my two favorite shows with the Mentalist coming in 3rd.

Big Bang is still funny and my favorite sitcom.
                                We have similar tastes. PoI, Mentalist and Big Bang are among the few shows I watch regularly.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X