Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    I watch a ton of TV and there's not a lot out there that is must see for me anymore. Of network stuff, I feel like Elementary and Limitless are the only ones I'm really enjoying. Gotham is decent enough as well. If I had to put together a top 10 list of TV shows on right now, I think I'd have a hard time coming up with 10 I thought should be in any "top" list.
    I had a hard time making a legit top 10 movies for 2015 ... reckon I could easily manage a Top 10 list of newish TV shows (3 seasons or less):

Not counting long running shows like Got, Walking Dead, Sunny in Philly, South Park etc

1. Fargo
    2. Wolf Hall
    3. Better Call Saul
    4. Narcos
    5. Rectify
    6. Jessica Jones
    7. Mr Robot
    8. The Americans
    9. Transparent
    10. House of Cards

When I catch up, I could also consider The Returned (S2), Hannibal (S3) ... probably a bunch of others also.

Comment

• Damn dude that's a lot of TV
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Damn dude that's a lot of TV
        ... and strangely enough, I barely watch TV ... if I'm chilling out, I generally watch Twitch.

At least 60% were binge watched over 3 or 4 days.

Comment

• Anyone watch the new X-Files episodes?

The first two were pretty good, but I loved the 3rd episode. It was one filled with their goofy humor.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• The third XFiles episode was great. I don't care if the other ones aren't up to par, it's still entertaining to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Plus the TV remake of the Expanse series ... which could be awesome. The story's great, and the world they've created is engrossing and serious (proper hard sci fi). The technical parts are done well. Unfortunately, the dialogue and character reactions to events are really poor.
              I somehow missed this ... it's been airing since last November. I think I confused it with Extant (with Halle Berry), which I found kinda boring.

Anyway, watched the first four episodes of Expanse, and so far they've have rectified a lot of the shortcomings of the novels. I was really expecting a cheap ass adaptation, but ScFy have clearly invested a lot and it shows.

Great cast and attention to detail. They've nailed the main characters, and the support characters are a lot more fully formed than the novels. The novel desperately needed the help of an editor who could write proper dialogue. I guess the screenwriters fulfilled that role ... incidentally, they're the same screenwriters who adapted Children of Men and the first Iron Man movie. The SFX are more than passable for a TV series, and they've taken a mature approach to developing the world (errr universe?). Normally with a series as complex as this, you'd get really awkward and clumsy explanation sequences ... none of that ... they just let the story and events unfold.

So far, this has the potential to be up there with Battlestar. I'm hooked.

8.3 in IMDB, which is a strong start.

Comment

• Last month I finally started watching Breaking Bad. Had been meaning to do it for a long time, and my son's sleeping schedule finally adjusted to allow me more TV/Netflix time.

Just finished Season 3. Those last few episodes of S3, HFS.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  So you've already seen my old apartment (the door that Walt kicks down, crazy overdose scene, etc.).

Season 3 is the Jesse vs. Gale ending, right?
                  Yes and yes. I didn't think Jesse had it in him.

Did you live in the "Jesse side" or the other side?

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    It was my door that Walt kicked down. I can't remember which was which.....I watched it too long ago.
                    That was the "Jesse" side. When Jesse and his girl were together, including the night of
                    Spoiler!
                    , they spent almost all their time in his half of the building.

Comment

• So the guy I share an office with, his wife is a film editor. She was just hired to be the editor of the 2nd season of the Netflix series "Sense8." Anyone watch that?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        So the guy I share an office with, his wife is a film editor. She was just hired to be the editor of the 2nd season of the Netflix series "Sense8." Anyone watch that
                        I got through 1 episode then quit ... so I don't know if it got any better.

Comment

I kind of got stuck at the lesbian strap-on scene.....
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            I kind of got stuck at the lesbian strap-on scene.....
                            LOL ... I was gonna say, if you're into cyber punk and the fetish life, it's probably the show for you.

Comment

I made it through the whole thing. The best part is that you could fast forward through like 5 or 6 of the senses story lines because they were so annoying. 2 or 3 were somewhat likable and worth following.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Season 2 of Better Call Saul is released on Monday. Was thinking about re-watching season 1 before it airs. Hmmm

Comment

Working...
                                X