Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I'm probably gonna binge watch all of Netflix's Narcos this weekend. Halfway though, and it's pretty damn good so far.
    Awesome.

Comment

• Almost done with Season 3 of The American's ... the episode with the old lady in the office was amazing.

The KGB must have had the most amazing make up department.

Comment

Just caught up with the first few episodes of Gotham. I normally hate comic book movies, but this has been top notch.
        I've watched two of these on Netflix, and like it.
        The locales are well done, and it's a natural showplace for character actors - I really like the guys doing the Penguin, Edward Nigma and Falcone.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Anyone else been watching Jessica Jones on Netflix? Halfway through, and I'm liking it a lot.

Comment

• Making a Murderer, holy fuck.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Anyone else been watching Jessica Jones on Netflix? Halfway through, and I'm liking it a lot.
              Yep, it's good so far. Not as good as Daredevil, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Making a Murderer, holy fuck.
                Saw the first part ... looks interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Yep, it's good so far. Not as good as Daredevil, though.
                  I'm struggling though Daredevil a little bit. I'm not enjoying it as much as JJ. I watched all of Jessica Jones in a week.

Comment

• Amazing year for TV shows. Best yet?

Fargo
                    season 2 was outstanding. Best show of 2015 by a margin, and that's saying something considering the standard of competition. The fact that it's better than season 1 is a feat in itself. That Better Call Saul, Narcos and Wolf Hall were my favourite shows of 2015 ... all of them "new".

Honorable mentions for Rectify, Jessica Jones, Transparent, The Americans, GoT, Mr Robot, House of Cards.

I've yet to see Season 2 of The Returned (French version), Season 3 OITNB, the latest series of Veep and Silicon Valley, and the final seasons of Hannibal, Mad Men and Justified.

I thought that Man in The High Castle was good, but not in the same class as the best of 2015. BUT it kept me watching ... I kept turning the damn page. That's worth a lot considering my "TV Show Attention Span". Can't say the same about some other shows.

I'll catch up with Homeland at some point ... it keeps losing me, and I'm still not up to speed with the latest season of The Walking Dead. They've killed off too many characters I grew to like ... and lame replacements.

Comment

• New years episode of Sherlock on tonight.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        New years episode of Sherlock on tonight.
                        I have only watched the first episode of Sherlock and loved it. Gotta find time for it.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          I have only watched the first episode of Sherlock and loved it. Gotta find time for it.
                          watched the Xmas special last night and thought it was great, I highly recommend the series.

We watched the Bill Murray Xmas Special and the Black Mirror Xmas special the other night, very strange juxtaposition
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Making a Murderer was pretty incredible - might not have needed a full 10 hours to tell the story but still an addicting watch nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                              Making a Murderer was pretty incredible - might not have needed a full 10 hours to tell the story but still an addicting watch nonetheless.
                              I watched it this weekend. Yeah, it was pretty incredible. I feel like I would have watched 10 more hours of that case. It was really fascinating.

Here is an interesting article with more details. Don't read this if you haven't watched the documentary.

I also watched Narcos this weekend (I didn't get out much) and that was great.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I really liked the Shannara trilogy when I was a kid ... Tolkien-lite, but still enjoyable. Watched 15 minutes of the MTV adaptation, and switched off. A cheap rip off.

Comment

Working...
                                X