No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have Netflix? Lilyhammer is very good, and House of Cards is supposed to be excellent although I haven't watched it myself.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Rome is excellent, but my guess is that you've got a better chance at sucking your wife into Orphan Black, Galactica is worth watching, especially if you watch some of the intra-season "webisodes". I recently finished the first season of "The Americans" which I found enjoyable as well. I still think The Shield is the one show people should watch as it has the greatest ending payoff of any show I've even seen, better even than Breaking Bad
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• oh, House of Cards is great too
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
          Carnivale is another, though it doesn't appeal to everybody.
          Big Love is similar.
          ditto True Blood.
          Carnivale was great (esp Season 2) but the way they just left it pretty much ruined it.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            That's a bold statement right there.
            I agree with FB on this one. There were a few slow Shield seasons, but some crackers also ... especially when Forrest Whitaker came onboard ... but yeah, brilliant ending.

True Detective and Rectify are the best series since BB ended IMO. Rectify should definitely be wife friendly, plus season 1 is only 6 or 7 episodes long.

Comment

• I recently watched The Shield. It's pretty similar to Sons of Anarchy for better or worse (Kurt Sutter, who created SOA, was also one of the main creative forces on The Shield). The ending was great but it's a looong ride.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• also, johnny already mentioned it, but if you haven't watched Sherlock you should. There are only ten episodes so far, but each is 90 minutes.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I can also recommend House of Cards and definitely The Americans.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Still smiling that I got The Wire, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones in the TV Show draft 3 years ago
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Still smiling that I got The Wire, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones in the TV Show draft 3 years ago
                      Yeah that was pretty sick ... after season 1 of GoT right?

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Carnivale was great (esp Season 2) but the way they just left it pretty much ruined it.
                        well, i don't know about ruined it, but i agree it was a shame. it would have been great to be able to see it run all of the six seasons it was originally planned for...
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Yeah that was pretty sick ... after season 1 of GoT right?
                          I believe so.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            That's probably my top 3 TV shows of all time, in order, right there.
                            Me too.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Some shows that weren't mentioned (I think):

Justified is pretty great.

The first season of Fargo was amazing.

I really like Hell on Wells.

American Horror Story is good too.

I like Person of Interest but I wouldn't put on the level with the shows you've watched and liked. The ones I've mentioned are much better.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                                The first season of Fargo was amazing.
                                I can't remember being as excited about a show starting up as Fargo in a long time. And it exceeded my level of excitement each week.
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X