Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
    I watched Revolution and deleted the episodes after I heard it was done. Any reason to watch the last 3 episodes?
    Not sure what I can tell you. I never understood deleting or not watching the final shows of a series because of an announcement of the show's demise. If you enjoy the show, I think you should finish it out. Deleting the last three shows, to me, is like walking out of a movie theater 15 minutes before the movie ends, because you know it's coming to an end.

I'm halfway through the final episode and have enjoyed it.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I watched Revolution and deleted the episodes after I heard it was done. Any reason to watch the last 3 episodes?
      have you watched all the rest of it up to this? Then yeah, watch it... I wouldn't start from the beginning at this point though.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• If you like Revolution, then you should read the "Emberverse" books by SM Stirling.

Dies the Fire (Emberverse, #1), The Protector's War (Emberverse, #2), A Meeting at Corvallis (Emberverse, #3), The Sunrise Lands (Emberverse, #4), The S...

I read the first 5 which I enjoyed, before it got all questy and magical.....
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          have you watched all the rest of it up to this? Then yeah, watch it... I wouldn't start from the beginning at this point though.
          Do you get any resolution to the revolution? I assume it just ends with a cliff hanger as if they were going to have another season, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
            Not sure what I can tell you. I never understood deleting or not watching the final shows of a series because of an announcement of the show's demise. If you enjoy the show, I think you should finish it out. Deleting the last three shows, to me, is like walking out of a movie theater 15 minutes before the movie ends, because you know it's coming to an end.

I'm halfway through the final episode and have enjoyed it.
            I can see both sides of this. We have not watched Revolution this year. We have all episodes on the DVR. Hearing that it has been cancelled is making me question as to investing the time or not. I really have no desire to be left with a cliff hanger and no resolution in sight.

It was an interesting show, but not a must see like Person of Interest or Justified. When I watched it I liked it but no great shakes if I missed it.

Comment

Do you get any resolution to the revolution? I assume it just ends with a cliff hanger as if they were going to have another season, right?

Spoiler!

I'm not sure I would watch the full second season now, but I'd watch the last, or the last three episodes to finish it.

Ah, an Hannibal has been renewed.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Is anyone still watching True Blood. I gave up after season 4 ... it just got really crap after such a promising first season. Maybe it improved?

True Detective finishes, the Fargo starts. Fargo finishes, and Rectify season 2 starts!

Fargo was stunning from start to finish. One of the best series I've seen. Season 2 has been renewed, but it will be a different story with different characters ... although they promise a certain degree of cross pollination, as with the first season and the movie.

If you haven't seen season 1 of Rectify, I highly recommend. It's only 6 1 hour episodes, but it's top class.

Also Orange Is The New Black is back on Netflix. I thought the first episode of season 2 was excellent ...

Comment

• I'm still watching true blood, more out of obligation to see it through. It doesn't get any better, more like worse.

Agree about Fargo. Excellent season.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Is anyone still watching True Blood. I gave up after season 4 ... it just got really crap after such a promising first season. Maybe it improved?

True Detective finishes, the Fargo starts. Fargo finishes, and Rectify season 2 starts!

Fargo was stunning from start to finish. One of the best series I've seen. Season 2 has been renewed, but it will be a different story with different characters ... although they promise a certain degree of cross pollination, as with the first season and the movie.

If you haven't seen season 1 of Rectify, I highly recommend. It's only 6 1 hour episodes, but it's top class.

Also Orange Is The New Black is back on Netflix. I thought the first episode of season 2 was excellent ...
                    I also bailed on True Blood after season 4. Stoked about Rectify. Season 2 of OITNB was on par with Season 1, meaning decent but not great, but it had some great sex scenes.

I watched a couple episodes of Fargo but couldn't get into it. I still have them recorded so will likely give it another shot.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I watch True Blood as a guilty pleasure, and because my wife likes it. It's definitely time for it to wrap up. And no, it did not improve -- last season was probably its worst.

I am through 6 episodes of S2 of Orange Is the New Black. 4 and 6 are the best so far. 4 has some "holy shit!" moments concerning Morello.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                        I am through 6 episodes of S2 of Orange Is the New Black. 4 and 6 are the best so far. 4 has some "holy shit!" moments concerning Morello.
                        I'm about half way through also. Yeah the Morello episode was terrific ... she seemed like one of the more grounded inmates, then ...

Comment

• Morello's accent sounds like an unholy cross between Queens and a leaky balloon. The actress is Australian, so that might explain it.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Morello's accent sounds like an unholy cross between Queens and a leaky balloon. The actress is Australian, so that might explain it.
                            Really ... I'd never have guess that for an instant. Tawney Talbot (the blond one) in Rectify is also Australian ... as is main character in Longmire.

Comment

Morello's accent sounds like an unholy cross between Queens and a leaky balloon. The actress is Australian, so that might explain it.
                              It really is painful.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                It really is painful.
                                I know I'm not a local ... but to my ear, she doesn't sound that different to Scarlett Johansson in Don Jon or Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny.

Comment

Working...
                                X