Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
    We have similar tastes. PoI, Mentalist and Big Bang are among the few shows I watch regularly.
    I also watch these three...but I watch a few more than a few shows.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• The laugh track on Big Bang is atrocious... I've come around to a few comedy's lately (Modern Family, Mindy, and still watching HIMYM to go with Archer) but I don't enjoy Big Bang at all.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Technically it's not a laugh track but a primed audience whose volume gets enhanced.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• POI is my wife and I's favorite show too. BTW, anyone watch The Neighbors. My favorite comedy right now.
          拖裤子,
          放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

• "Justified and Person of Interest remain my two favorite shows with the Mentalist coming in 3rd. Big Bang is still funny and my favorite sitcom."

don't tape very many shows, either, but Mentalist and Big Bang are on that short list. maybe I should start on those other two!
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              "Justified and Person of Interest remain my two favorite shows with the Mentalist coming in 3rd. Big Bang is still funny and my favorite sitcom."

don't tape very many shows, either, but Mentalist and Big Bang are on that short list. maybe I should start on those other two!
              Justified just started it's 5th season. They are pulling the plug after season 6. I would suggest starting from the begining and give it at least 3 episodes to gain some traction. The character development is outstanding. It is a very fun ride.

Comment

• Just got done with the first season of Sons of Anarchy. I think I'm in for the long haul now. Good stuff.

The Irish gun runner angle was a bit cringeworthy and completely unrealistic ... but didn't diminish from the series. There was one unintentional laugh out loud moment, when the Irish terrorist was sitting with rosary beads meditating as if he was a religious fundamentalist or something. That was ridiculous. They got the accents spot on though.

Just saw a preview for Klondike ... looks good.
                Last edited by johnnya24; 01-19-2014, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Sons is great, not a show you get into and then back-track. Gotta watch it from season 1 forward. It gets a little too far-fetched at times but still has plenty going on.
                  Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Just got done with the first season of Sons of Anarchy. I think I'm in for the long haul now. Good stuff.

The Irish gun runner angle was a bit cringeworthy and completely unrealistic ... but didn't diminish from the series.
                    Just FYI the Irish gun runner story persists through the entire series. But the last three seasons have been very good.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      in other news, "How I Met Your Mother" writers apparently have been kidnapped and replaced by joyless aliens from a depressing planet. they're putting the "awe" in "awful final seasons."
                      Sadly, not good for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
                        POI is my wife and I's favorite show too. BTW, anyone watch The Neighbors. My favorite comedy right now.
                        Every time I watch it I like it.

Comment

• Also looking forward to the American's season 2 premier on Feb 26th.

Comment

• Disappointed they cancelled The Assets after only 2 episodes ... it was only an 8 part mini-series. It broke the record for the lowest ever debut ratings for the big 3 channels, but it was actually pretty good. Hopefully they release the other 6 episodes at some point (assuming they are completed).

Comment

• I finally got around to watching the first season of The Newsroom this weekend. Good stuff - extremely well acted, Jeff Daniels is brilliant, all the secondary characters are excellent. I'm still trying to figure our if it's disingenuous by portraying McAvoy as a disavowed repub ... he sure feels more left than that ... maybe the second season will help with that ...
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                                I finally got around to watching the first season of The Newsroom this weekend. Good stuff - extremely well acted, Jeff Daniels is brilliant, all the secondary characters are excellent. I'm still trying to figure our if it's disingenuous by portraying McAvoy as a disavowed repub ... he sure feels more left than that ... maybe the second season will help with that ...
                                That becomes more of an issue in the second season which is all about the build up to the 2012 Election.

Comment

Working...
                                X