Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    Finished the 10 episode season of Orphan Black, it was frakking awesome....Tatiana Maslany deserves an Emmy
    I'm up to about episode 7.

Was totally convinced she was English until I looked it up. Even her fake English accent was good. At the beginning I was skeptical ... it felt more like a no-budget single-writer British production. But it actually gets better as it goes on, and they should get credit for the way they seamlessly shot all the different clones when they were in the same place. Not once have I thought it looked fake.

Took me a while to hunt this down ... the Dubstep playing in the Neolution club

Last edited by johnnya24; 08-21-2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
      One show I have been watching but may cut soon is Under the Dome. The concept was interesting, but it seems to be meandering kind of like Heroes did. I hope it picks up soon or it might find its way to trash heap. The only reason I am still watching it is I want to know where the dome came from and why.
      I was excited when I heard this was coming on tv but I was thinking a 6 hour movie or something that maybe followed the book but at least had an ending. Being a series with a possibility of being renewed means they cannot solve the dome riddle anytime soon, definitely not this year. I still have it on the tv but am checking my baseball stats or something and not paying much attention to the show anymore.

Comment

• I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by dslaw View Post
          I was excited when I heard this was coming on tv but I was thinking a 6 hour movie or something that maybe followed the book but at least had an ending. Being a series with a possibility of being renewed means they cannot solve the dome riddle anytime soon, definitely not this year. I still have it on the tv but am checking my baseball stats or something and not paying much attention to the show anymore.
          I thought Under the Dome was only 10 episodes. So I struggled through it. But I wouldn't have bothered if I knew that it had a 20+ episode arc. I think I'm going to struggle to keep up with this.

Also losing a bit of interest in The Bridge. It was getting convoluted, then they brought in a couple of poor characters, one of whom I had to watch going down on some Mexican gangster lady in the back of a car - ugggh. That was just gross. All writers should be forced to watch how they construct an episode of Breaking Bad ... patient, coherent, suspenseful, time to breath.

Ditto Ray Donovan. Finding it hard to motivate myself to keep up.

Double ditto Dexter. Final season is pretty boring. I'll probably wait and watch the second half all at once.

Started watching the first few episodes of Wilfred. Looks good so far.

Season 2 of Newsroom has been terrific, as was season 1.

First episode of Season 3 of Homeland was good. Much more like Season 1 in it's feel. More Saul Berenson, less 24 style unbelievable suspense, is a good thing.

Finally caught up with Veep, and really enjoyed it.

Comment

• doh -- when did Homeland start? How did I miss it?

EDIT -- OK, I see you just pirated it. Whew.

Anyone watching Hell on Wheels? This season has been great so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              doh -- when did Homeland start? How did I miss it?

EDIT -- OK, I see you just pirated it. Whew.

Anyone watching Hell on Wheels? This season has been great so far.
              I can feel the judgement

Hell on Wheels: I lost a bit of interest near the end of season 1. Worth catching up on? I can't remember why I dropped it ... I think I was comparing it too much with Deadwood. The Swedish (?) enforcer dude was a great character.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                I can feel the judgement

Hell on Wheels: I lost a bit of interest near the end of season 1. Worth catching up on? I can't remember why I dropped it ... I think I was comparing it too much with Deadwood. The Swedish (?) enforcer dude was a great character.
                No, I don't care-- I'd just prefer to watch it on my TV (73", thank you)-- and I thought I missed the premier.

As far as Hell on Wheels, yes, it's worth catching up on.

Comment

• Wilfred is freakin' awesome ...

Comment

• Wilfred got really dark in season 3. FX make great comedies ... anyone seen The League? Worth watching?

In one scene someone referred to Elijah Wood as a "cute lesbian chick" ... it's been hard to view him otherwise once that image stuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      Also losing a bit of interest in The Bridge. It was getting convoluted, then they brought in a couple of poor characters, one of whom I had to watch going down on some Mexican gangster lady in the back of a car - ugggh. That was just gross. All writers should be forced to watch how they construct an episode of Breaking Bad ... patient, coherent, suspenseful, time to breath.
                      I dunno, I think it's a great show. I'm not sure how that story line connects with everything else just yet but I assume it will.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I'm still making myself watch Under the Dome. I really want to see where the Dome came from. Its painful though. One old show that I just starting watching on the net is The Walking Dead. Love this show! Yes, its gory, but I love the story line and the characters. I just started season 3 and I hear season 4 will be starting in mid-October.
                        拖裤子,
                        放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

• Wow! I just watched ep. 4 during season 3 of The Walking Dead. Great show, but it can definitely be tough to watch sometimes.

Edit: I took out the spoiler for those who haven't watched the show yet.
                          Last edited by Trader Mac; 09-19-2013, 07:42 PM.
                          拖裤子,
                          放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Wow! I just watched ep. 4 during season 3 of The Walking Dead ... it can definitely be tough to watch sometimes.
                            Pretty brutal huh?

You should probably put that comment in [ spoil ] tags in case someone who hasn't seen the show reads it.

Comment

• Anyone else watching Suits? I watched season 1 when it aired, and thought it was pretty damn good. But I'm only catching up with Seasons 2 and 3 now. They find a nice balance between weekly and the overarching series story lines.

It's the second most downloaded TV show on the torrent networks - behind Breaking Bad and ahead of Dexter.

I read an article last week which said that Netflix were using torrent popularity as a purchase guide.

Comment

I'm still making myself watch Under the Dome. I really want to see where the Dome came from. Its painful though. One old show that I just starting watching on the net is The Walking Dead. Love this show! Yes, its gory, but I love the story line and the characters. I just started season 3 and I hear season 4 will be starting in mid-October.
                                Yeah, I kinda gave up on Under the Dome. It just started accumulating on my DVR, and now with the new season of shows starting, I can pretty much kiss this one buh-bye.

Comment

Working...
                                X