Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    I never know what they are eating in that show. Every time he serves someone food I'm a bit creeped out.

It's a shame more people weren't watching it. I think it was one of the two best new network (4 main) shows this year (with elementary). Most everything else was rubbish.
    http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-for-hannibal/
    Yikes ... the very idea this would be cancelled is absurd. It might be the best network TV drama ever made. Saying that, I'm sure it'd be quickly picked up by one of the Cable networks if it was cancelled. If they maintain this quality, it will be an all-time top tier show.

Pretty sure every meal he prepares contains human meat ... but even knowing that, they do look delicious.

Comment

• The opening sequence of Dexter always makes me hungry.

Comment

• We are really enjoying America's Got Talent this year. The new judges are great and the talent has been over the top.

Comment

• Catching up with the end of the last season of Dexter. Not as bad as the awful religious serial killer season, but I'm still trying to accustom myself to the huge leaps of logic in the Dexter / Deborah relationship. One minute Dexter is "big bro", then next he's "serial killing big bro" ... and life goes on as normal.

They probably went one season too far with this series ... hopefully it goes out with a bang.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            The religious serial killer season was good. The bad one was the one with Jimmy Smits. Blech. The best one, imo, was the season with John Lithgow.
            I hate the way the religious season ended ... it was building up to something good, then got silly IMO (esp after Mos Def's character departed). Yeah Jimmy Smits was awful. The Ice Truck Killer / Doaks / Lithgow seasons were best IMO. I liked the Julia Stiles season also.

Comment

• Dexter has had some brilliant end of season finales and cliffhangers.

Spoiler!

Comment

• Orphan Black came out on DVD today, so I'm going to rip though it pretty quick...
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  I hate the way the religious season ended ... it was building up to something good, then got silly IMO (esp after Mos Def's character departed). Yeah Jimmy Smits was awful. The Ice Truck Killer / Doaks / Lithgow seasons were best IMO. I liked the Julia Stiles season also.
                  I ended on the lithgow season - Canceled my Netflix cd account. Keep hoping they will start streaming it like the first season.

I'm in the Middle of Book 3 in the Game of thrones plus the Middle of season 2 of the Tv Series. Sadly from the book I starting to like the Big 3 ( well Big 2 plus Imp) of the Lannister Clan. Something not right with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                    I ended on the lithgow season - Canceled my Netflix cd account. Keep hoping they will start streaming it like the first season.

I'm in the Middle of Book 3 in the Game of thrones plus the Middle of season 2 of the Tv Series. Sadly from the book I starting to like the Big 3 ( well Big 2 plus Imp) of the Lannister Clan. Something not right with me.
                    Yeah, that's what he does with most of the characters ... they are all flawed, and you will find yourself loving and hating them. He even made me feel a bit sorry for Cersei at some point.

Comment

Catching up with the end of the last season of Dexter. Not as bad as the awful religious serial killer season, but I'm still trying to accustom myself to the huge leaps of logic in the Dexter / Deborah relationship. One minute Dexter is "big bro", then next he's "serial killing big bro" ... and life goes on as normal.

They probably went one season too far with this series ... hopefully it goes out with a bang.
                      If you're watching this current season, you know that's not the case.

Comment

• I started watching Arrested Development over the weekend. Got through the first half of season 1. Show is fantastic! Jessica Walter is hilarious as Mrs. Bluth.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Yeah, that's what he does with most of the characters ... they are all flawed, and you will find yourself loving and hating them. He even made me feel a bit sorry for Cersei at some point.
                          I really even like Jamie - at least in the book. He knows what he is and doesn't back down no matter what it brings him in order of beatings , maiming ...

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            If you're watching this current season, you know that's not the case.
                            Watched the first episode last night. But it took her to waste an innocent woman to cover up for her serial killing step brother to push her over the edge. She was ok with plain old serial killer Dexter ... that was ok. Saying all that, I enjoyed the end of last season, and the beginning of this.

Did Charlotte Rampling get drafted in the over 60s category?

Last edited by johnnya24; 07-23-2013, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                              I really even like Jamie - at least in the book. He knows what he is and doesn't back down no matter what it brings him in order of beatings , maiming ...
                              Yeah ... Jamie becomes more and more likeable. You can even see that in the TV series as his bond with Brienne developed. He admired her honour I think. I found Tyrion to be less likeable as the books advanced, and I found some characters hard to like, even though you were sympathetic to them and never really hate them, like Dany.
                              Last edited by johnnya24; 07-23-2013, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• The Bridge - Saga versus Sonya

It is not an easy gig, reworking a character as distinctive as The Bridge's Saga Noren. Striding onto screen, great coat flapping, blonde mane flowing, Noren managed to breathe new life into a genre not short of detectives with great instincts but disastrous personal skills. Sonya Cross, her equivalent on FX's US remake, was always unlikely to come out of this tussle on top.

Viewed entirely on her own merits, Diane Kruger's take on the Swedish detective is an intriguing, noteworthy character who challenges traditional notions of TV cops in general, and female ones in particular. Viewed in the shadow of the detective that inspired her, however, she is found wanting. Cross has an interesting story to tell – but she's not the entirely original, other-worldly Noren that fans of the original show found so compelling.

Which doesn't mean the FX remake of Swedish/Danish thriller should be dismissed – it is a decidedly more convincing watch than the US Killing. If anything, shifting the action from the Oresund bridge that joins Denmark and Sweden to its altogether less picturesque equivalent marking the border between Mexico and the US, adds to the show's subtext of social justice: the differences between the two societies are starker, more pronounced. The border has a rather different significance for those living in El Pasoand Juárez than for those in Malmo and Copenhagen.

Comment

Working...
                                X